DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think only the 6000 models have them, not sure. It also depends if you have newer FW updated. If you hit source/input button, there should be a source option for RVU IIRC.

Just got a call from 8005315000, and the lady said she has that I was called about an installation date and I refused, so she wondered what was wrong. I said no, then I explained that noone has been able to schedule it yet. She said she would escalate it.

Funny, the girl at a Fl number just called me back, she was the one that called this am to set it up and could not. She apologized and said it was new to market and any day after Wed was fine. Got the install set for Friday am 8-12. Good service.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Funny, the girl at a Fl number just called me back, she was the one that called this am to set it up and could not. She apologized and said it was new to market and any day after Wed was fine. Got the install set for Friday am 8-12. Good service.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

:up

I'm a little Irked by the way DirecTV handles the releases of these new receivers.

I really want one.

I've been a DirecTV customer for over 10 years with a $225+/month bill every month.

I called to ask about it and they said there is no way to get these until 2012 and the rebate offer is only for new customers.

New customers are clearly already getting them....

...and because I am a loyal customer, I am completely disregarded and can't even buy one now for the retail cost.

This drives me crazy.

the spec-sheet lists some Samsung models.

1. Will this work with any LCD or Plasma?
2. Does using this somehow mean that you don't have to connect receivers to each TV?

Thanks for your patience!

Its only certain models with the RVU FW, but its supposed to come to many more. I think its some 6000 series LCD's right now.

I believe that the 7000 and 8000 models both received the firmware that supports RVU on monday but I haven't had a chance to verify that yet

Will the HR34 be able to be used with a single cable from the dish to the house? I have only one cable running from my dish to my house and its under ground and will not fit another cable.

Will the HR34 be able to be used with a single cable from the dish to the house? I have only one cable running from my dish to my house and its under ground and will not fit another cable.
It could work. It depends on how many TVs you have and how long the underground run is. If you're hoping to use the cable coming from a cable TV pedestal (the box where they make their connections to underground cabling), I wouldn't plan on it.

Until RVU clients become available, the answer depends largely on your answers.

I want a total of 4 TV's hooked up. The sat is about 30ft from the house on a pole. The cable is from an 2 year old Directv service that has been disconnected. Will a single cabe work for me? Thanks for your help

the spec-sheet lists some Samsung models.

1. Will this work with any LCD or Plasma?
Its only certain models with the RVU FW, but its supposed to come to many more. I think its some 6000 series LCD's right now.
RVU has nothing to do with the display technology -- only how "smart" the TV is. RVU CANNOT be retrofitted to a dumb TV but at some point, it may be adapted using an external box that looks and behaves like a satellite receiver. It should be noted that to date, only Samsung has demonstrated any serious interest in implementing RVU (and even that's hard to find).
2. Does using this somehow mean that you don't have to connect receivers to each TV?
That's the theory. If your TV isn't one of the appropriate class of Samsung "Smart TV", you'll need to do something different.

When DIRECTV does the RVU install (as appears to be mandatory at this point), there will be a DECA adapter and the attendant wall wart even with the Samsung TVs to go from DECA to the Ethernet jack on the TV.

I want a total of 4 TV's hooked up. The sat is about 30ft from the house on a pole. The cable is from an 2 year old Directv service that has been disconnected. Will a single cabe work for me? Thanks for your help
It will just fit. At this point you could be set up with an HR34 and three H25 receivers which would fit within the 8 channel limit of a SWiMline dish. If you wanted to add a fifth non-RVU TV, they will need to swap out the LNB and hang a special box (SWiM-16) near the dish (before the cable goes into the ground).

It will just fit. At this point you could be set up with an HR34 and three H25 receivers which would fit within the 8 channel limit of a SWiMline dish. If you wanted to add a fifth non-RVU TV, they will need to swap out the LNB and hang a special box (SWiM-16) near the dish (before the cable goes into the ground).
Thanks, I think I will get rid of my Dish Network system. I currently have 2 722 DVR's, each connected to 2 TV's. I think the HR34 will be a better system.

Yes until you go over 8-tuners. Adding a 9 tuner would require a change. The HR34 has 5-tuners. Do you have any other receivers? If so, what are their model numbers.

Yes until you go over 8-tuners. Adding a 9 tuner would require a change. The HR34 has 5-tuners. Do you have any other receivers? If so, what are their model numbers.
I don't have Directv at this moment. I'm still with Dish until I order the new Directv HR34. I heard that I will need HD boxes on the other 3 TV's for the HR34 to connect to them. How will they be able to use the DVR functions from the HR34?

Status
Please reply by conversation.