DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am still wondering if they are going to allow upgrades to existing customers, or if we are going to have to get one through Solid Signal. I do not need 3 H25 receivers, I just want to replace one HR24 with it.

If I can get this to replace my hr24 for $99 and the monthly cost is the same (or maybe close to the same) I'm going to be in NBA League Pass heaven.
EDIT - oh never mind, I guess the rebate is only for new customers. That's great. 2 tuners it is. :cry:

Last edited:
Any thoughts on how the rebate will work?
* applied to the bill?
* some sort of VISA gift card?

It's going to have the ability to record 5 shows at once, and needs to be using a SWM. It looks like I'll need to upgrade the SWM in order to support the HR34 plus additional HR2x DVR's. I'll be above 8 in no time.

If you go above the 8 tuners they should install a SWiM 16 switch.

If I can get this to replace my hr24 for $99 and the monthly cost is the same (or maybe close to the same) I'm going to be in NBA League Pass heaven.
EDIT - oh never mind, I guess the rebate is only for new customers. That's great. 2 tuners it is. :cry:

Where did you see that the rebate is for new customers only?

At last this is what I have been waiting for!!! Can I preorder for a thurs install or do I have to wait till thurs to order???

I am dumping Dish and their crappy 922 so fast another day is to long of a wait for me. I am going to have to pay 5 months early termination but its worth every penny to me.

So let me see if I got this right. Starting next week, I can request a replacement DVR (HR34) that will double my storage space (1TB up from current 500GB on HR24), record 5 programs at the same time, and in the future possibly eliminate my second receiver that I pay only to use Whole Home DRV. All this for the final cost of $99?

Sign me up right now.

Stupid question time....With RVU will you be able to go reciever less for you other TV's if I am reading the attachment only with certain TV's. Would save some dollars on reciever fees if that is the case
I've read that they will charge per active RVU, so there is no savings on receiver fees. It will make for a cleaner install though.

So let me see if I got this right. Starting next week, I can request a replacement DVR (HR34) that will double my storage space (1TB up from current 500GB on HR24), record 5 programs at the same time, and in the future possibly eliminate my second receiver that I pay only to use Whole Home DRV. All this for the final cost of $99?

Sign me up right now.

I am interested to see how fees shake out

I doubt the replacement price will ever be lower than $199

Druzifer said:
I doubt the replacement price will ever be lower than $199

And they will almost for sure fine a way to make it cost you the same as having 5 receivers. Atleast charge for used tuners on other tvs. Not sure how though. They have us running coax to broadband deca's then from there hooking up the Ethernet to the tv. So I'm sure they'll charge something for it just not sure what

Directv has a major advantage over Dish Network when it comes to additional receiver fees. Some of DISH Networks fees are as high as $17 per month per receiver.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Directv has a major advantage over Dish Network when it comes to additional receiver fees. Some of DISH Networks fees are as high as $17 per month per receiver.

Yeah, Dish claims to be cheaper BUT once you add receiver fees it's a no brainer to me. But that's just me, everybody has different points of view

I agree with you, my dish bills the majority of the bill is not for programming but for receivers, I have 6 hd dvrs.

It means it uses 5 SWiM lines/channels. You can use a SWiM8 or SWiM16 or a SWiMLNB and the HR34 uses 5 of your 8 or 16.

I wonder when DirecTV will start to push these things. As of right now, some distributors don't appear to even know they exist.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)