DirecTV in Beaumont, Texas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
I used to live in the DFW area of Texas and now I am in Beaumont, TX.

Does anyone have any information on availability of local channels and OTA HD channels in this area?

Is it even worthwhile trying to set up an antenna to get any OTA stuff, or are all the HD channels based in/transmitting from Houston?

Apart from not being able to mount my satellite dish on the apartment building (it is on a tripod on the patio), the installer said that notwithstanding the fact that this tripod would not support a 5LNB satellite dish (I had one in DFW), there were no MPEG4 transmissions available in Beaumont.

Can anyone confirm this info (or does anyone have better info)?

I hope I posted this in the correct forum.

Thank you.

DirecTV in Beaumont, TX (2)

As a follow-up to my original thread, am I right in thinking that there is a smaller version of a 5LNB dish available? How about in this area?

Thank you.

merged threads together :)

I dont have DIrecTV so I can't help...sorry. Hopefully someone chimes in

I used to live in the DFW area of Texas and now I am in Beaumont, TX.

Does anyone have any information on availability of local channels and OTA HD channels in this area?

Is it even worthwhile trying to set up an antenna to get any OTA stuff, or are all the HD channels based in/transmitting from Houston?

Apart from not being able to mount my satellite dish on the apartment building (it is on a tripod on the patio), the installer said that notwithstanding the fact that this tripod would not support a 5LNB satellite dish (I had one in DFW), there were no MPEG4 transmissions available in Beaumont.

Can anyone confirm this info (or does anyone have better info)?

I hope I posted this in the correct forum.

Thank you.

A bunch of folks from Beaumont are here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=364625&goto=lastpost

I know DishNetwork carries the Beaumont SD locals... does DirecTV offer these?

Status
Please reply by conversation.