Directv in the RV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

road man

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Florida
I put my DT box in the motorhome today to get ready for some summer travel. Now this is not all that hard. cable to sat in (1 & 2) and power plug. Push a button the dish (Non HD) finds the sats ( 101/110/119)! Well not this time. Has Directv made any changes? Always worked, nothing changed from last month when I installed a new tv and tried it.
Now I am entertaining thoughts of installing a new dish. Not one of my first choices. But I would be able to get the HD thanks to the new tv.

I put my DT box in the motorhome today to get ready for some summer travel. Now this is not all that hard. cable to sat in (1 & 2) and power plug. Push a button the dish (Non HD) finds the sats ( 101/110/119)! Well not this time. Has Directv made any changes? Always worked, nothing changed from last month when I installed a new tv and tried it.
Now I am entertaining thoughts of installing a new dish. Not one of my first choices. But I would be able to get the HD thanks to the new tv.

D* hasn't changed, they still use the same sats, however, if you want the HD channels you'll need a dish that gets the 99, 101 and 103 sats the 110 and 119 don't handle much anymore, and no HD.

What kind of dish are you trying to use ?

I am using a Motosat MHDTV. Yesterday I tried another receiver (DVR) and it work just fine except for some errors on some transponders. I switched with the first one (DVR) and also worked with the same errors on some transponders.
I am not sure what causes the transponder errors or what it means?

I am using a Motosat MHDTV. Yesterday I tried another receiver (DVR) and it work just fine except for some errors on some transponders. I switched with the first one (DVR) and also worked with the same errors on some transponders.
I am not sure what causes the transponder errors or what it means?

It may be looking for Sats that you don't recv, maybe ...
If your getting all your programming, I wouldn't worry about it.

I think I am going to be happy with what I am getting. It would be nice to replace the dish with a HD one but I an just not up to that at this time..

If you are using a receiver that came out of your house, and you had an HD SWM setup, you have to go through a setup and tell your receiver what dish you're using. This is a little tricky because you have to "escape" from the auto setup that your DTV receiver will want to do.

If you are using a receiver that came out of your house, and you had an HD SWM setup, you have to go through a setup and tell your receiver what dish you're using. This is a little tricky because you have to "escape" from the auto setup that your DTV receiver will want to do.

Now I had not considered that! I am using one out of the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts