Directv independent dealer issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbel0004

Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
western nc
Hi all,

I am hoping some fellow retailers can help. We have a customer who had directv and when he moved the property managers would not allow dishes so he had to cancel before his contract expired. Now the property owners allow dishes and he is not considered a new customer in our system since it has not been two years since disconnection. The dish has to go on the roof and as far as we know mastec can't leave their ladder. Retail services said we could do the install but will not be reimbursed for any equipment and will not be paid for the installation. So my question is.....when installers say they're not allowed to go on the roof, what does the customer then do? Or what does mastec tell them to do? Do they leave the equipment with the customer and tell them to call an independent?

Second issue.....we have recently had many problems at the end of the order entering customer credit card info and it coming back with error of not matching the exact billing address. I am now working on an order I have entered at least 10 times in varying formats (customer has a spanish surname that is hyphenated) to see if it will accept and it doesn't. He even called his bank and they verified what I am entering is what they have. This is the 3rd time recently that I have had this problem (customer insists it is correct) until they just use someone's else's credit card. I cannot imagine if these customers called national Directv number that a customer service rep would not be able to accept the info into their ordering system. Has anyone found a workaround? I hate to have to start telling customers that I need them to bring in a credit card statement to see if something is abbreviated or misspelled, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DirecTV employees and HSP installers are not allowed on the roof without protective gear, but the dish should be reachable from the ladder in most cases. If it is a flat roof the installer should be allowed to walk on it as long as he stays 6 feet away from the edge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.