DirecTV install at my condo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TulaneDoc

Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
I am moving to a condo where they provide directv for people who want more than the crappy "house" tv service. There is no option for cable or Dish network.

I spoke with the local satellite guys responsible for wiring the condo for D*. Regarding the fact that they are hooking up multiple units in this 10-story condo to D*, they said there is no significant picture degradation because they use a "head in" system installation so that signal strength is maintained to each unit.
They seemed fairly knowledgeable about D* and were quick to answer all questions, seem like they're on top of things, esp HD and what not.

Is this true, that i should expect minimal signal degradation in my condo, even if they can't put a dish up on the roof for every unit?

please help!

No degradation. I have a directv MDU system on my building. When I had my D* setup I thought the cause of the bad picture was the
MDU and decided to install a dish on my balcony. Picture was exactly the same. The problem is that the picture from D* sucks anyway, even without degradation. I now have cable and the HD is the true HD, without artifacts. SD from cable is also much better. I suspended my D* account for 6 months and will see if it gets better in 2007. Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)