DirecTV install at my condo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TulaneDoc

Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
I am moving to a condo where they provide directv for people who want more than the crappy "house" tv service. There is no option for cable or Dish network.

I spoke with the local satellite guys responsible for wiring the condo for D*. Regarding the fact that they are hooking up multiple units in this 10-story condo to D*, they said there is no significant picture degradation because they use a "head in" system installation so that signal strength is maintained to each unit.
They seemed fairly knowledgeable about D* and were quick to answer all questions, seem like they're on top of things, esp HD and what not.

Is this true, that i should expect minimal signal degradation in my condo, even if they can't put a dish up on the roof for every unit?

please help!

No degradation. I have a directv MDU system on my building. When I had my D* setup I thought the cause of the bad picture was the
MDU and decided to install a dish on my balcony. Picture was exactly the same. The problem is that the picture from D* sucks anyway, even without degradation. I now have cable and the HD is the true HD, without artifacts. SD from cable is also much better. I suspended my D* account for 6 months and will see if it gets better in 2007. Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)