DirecTV Install Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adam61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I'm going to be doing a DirecTV install for my new home in Aug/Sept sometime. Day 1 we will have 4 TVs we need hooked up Living Room, Study, Master Bedroom, and Second Bedroom. So obviously I will buy Recievers and boxes for all these and want them installed on day one.

Within 6-12 months we plan to put TVs in 2 additional rooms (Home Theatre, Exercise Room). Will they go ahead and wire these 2 rooms up for me on the initial install so I can just plug and play a reciever or will I have to have another tech come out each time I want to add one of those rooms? All Coax drops in my house are wired to a central panel so laborwise it wouldn't be a big deal for them.

If youre not oging to have more than 2 DVR boxes then just have the first installer put in an 8 channel SWM or equivalent switch in. If the 2 rooms to be installed later are already wired in then all you have to do is plug your new tuners in and you are in business. Just remember, any unused ports on a SWM switch muct be terminated to avoid problems,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts