DirecTV installed HR20 instead of HR24 for new customer install!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Exactly...

I'd give this generation a pass, unless the other brand 24 models are different. I'd like to see if they too are outputting RGB or not. I also found a new issue. HDMI audio out drops left and right with the HR24 to my DVDO unit. HR22 purrrs like a kitten.

I wrote a long opinion piece on the 24 vs 22, on another site. I'll not be recommending the HR24 to anyone, if they have a 20-23. I should have saved the $178 and left the other HR22 I returned in the bedroom.

Cool, that will leave HR24's to those that cannot get them that have the slow HR21-23 series.

The HR20-700 isn't a bad receiver and it has an internal OTA receiver unlike the subsequent debacle designs that make you use that P.O.S. AM-21.

Care to explain your problem with the AM21? It is integrated very nicely with my HR24. In fact, it works just as well as the tuner in my HR20.

Works well for some.

The head in the sand crowd continues. Just because it works fine for YOU, does not mean it works fine for EVERYONE.

Works well for some.

The head in the sand crowd continues. Just because it works fine for YOU, does not mean it works fine for EVERYONE.

Just because it doesn't work for you or a few others doesn't mean it doesn't work for the MAJORITY .
So it works for 95 +%, how about figuring out how to fix it for the 5 % that it's not working for instead of saying that it doesn't work period.

What do these people that are having problems with have in common ?
How are they all hooked up, are they thru a A/V recvr, is that causing anything to happen ?

Lets find out whats causing the problem instead of saying it doesn't work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts