DirecTV installed today. How long should I wait before I "move"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sandman989

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Michigan
I had my DirecTV install done today and I plan on moving to hopefully get my locals for back home. I am in the Lansing area and want to try to get the Traverse City locals, so if anybody knows about how successful I might be with that, that info would be great. I was wondering how long should I wait until I call and tell them to change my service address. I don't want to try too soon and raise any red flags. I'll be bombarding them with calls over the next couple of days trying to get a free AM-21 and free Superfan (any advice on accomplishing these would be great) so I know I may be pushing my luck, but getting these locals is a big reason why I got DirecTV. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had my DirecTV install done today and I plan on moving to hopefully get my locals for back home. I am in the Lansing area and want to try to get the Traverse City locals, so if anybody knows about how successful I might be with that, that info would be great. I was wondering how long should I wait until I call and tell them to change my service address. I don't want to try too soon and raise any red flags. I'll be bombarding them with calls over the next couple of days trying to get a free AM-21 and free Superfan (any advice on accomplishing these would be great) so I know I may be pushing my luck, but getting these locals is a big reason why I got DirecTV. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Since it's about 175 miles between the cities, you may not be able to get the locals from Traverse City in Lansing, although I would guess you can.

It's a pretty big market up there, geographically speaking, with the service area for those locals extending down to Clare, which is about 85 miles away, so I'm hoping for the best.

Regarding getting free SF, you might have to decline the CSR's first couple of offers. That's what I had to do to get my free SF. I took the 3rd offer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.