DirecTV Installer!!!GRrrr

Status
Please reply by conversation.
igator99 said:
I was lucky it wasn't you because you sound like one of the lazy idiots. You keep talking about free work? The kid would be paid by his company but he didn't want to do the work.

The kid would be paid by doing the standard job. Your setup is pretty difficult and time consuming and its not worth wasting time for that kinda pay. You are lucky to be an American (freedom to whine) 'cause in my country that'll be your last whine.

igator99 said:
I think you guys are trying hard to make me into some A-hole. I'm not a rich person.
If I was I probably wouldn't have helped those guys in anyway. I use to work on a charter boat taking people deep sea fishing. We found the really rich people for the most part were the worst. They wanted to catch every fish in the gulf and wanted to be pampered. The middle class guys were the easiest to deal with and the nicest. We worked hard getting the signal and I wanted to give them something for their trouble and offered them 80.00 to run another line. They had told me they charged 35.00 for that service early on in the job. I offered them 80.00 and they jumped at doing. It was a terrible unlucky thing that happened. The guy isn't going to pay the full amount to have the hole fixed. He started haggling with me and wanting many estimates which unless I want a hole in my roof all Summer isn't a smart thing to do. I live in an area that was devestated by Katrina and sheet rock guys are getting top dollar for their work. One company told me they could get to it in August. My best friend is a lawyer and he thinks I'm crazy for paying anything. He wants to go after the guy and the company. I'm not about to do that as long as the guy lives up to what we agreed upon. I'm also going to do the painting to keep costs down. Some of you guys are installers, how many people have you come across that would be that reasonable knowing what happened? Without this form I wouldn't have known that they weren't getting paid for the time they spent and I would have hit the roof when they put a hole in my celing. I bet most of your customers have know idea. I told the sheet rock guys the situation and they get a foot through the ceiling all the time from bug companies, cable companies etc... and the companies are the ones that pay. I don't think they believed me when I told them it was coming out of some poor guys pocket. Make me out to be an evil A-hole all you want I don't care.
igator, I don't think your an a-hole, I think you are just a customer who wanted HD but ran into a bunch of roadblocks and bad situations through no fault of your own. i can tell you that if it were me that fell through the ceiling, number one you'd have a damn BIG hole, because I am not a small guy, and number two I'd be there on my day off fixing it myself as long as you'd let me (some customers might be so upset that they wouldn't allow the tech to even try and make things right, you don't appear to be that type). I wish you well in getting the ceiling fixed and hope that sometime in the future you are able to get the HD service you want.

igator99 said:
I'm no sat expert but I was able to the job that one installer refused. As far as running a line a monkey can do it but hey cable doesn't ask its customers to do that stuff.

Did you ever get that ceiling fixed yet...?
If not.......I know a couple of professionals
who can fix it and get the job done right the first time
with out needing to reschedule another day
who also work at Wal-Mart.

You gotta find the humor in the situation....:devil:

Last edited:
stevo/65 said:
Did you ever get that ceiling fixed yet...?
If not.......I know a couple of professionals
who can fix it and get the job done right the first time
with out needing to reschedule another day
who also work at Wal-Mart.

You gotta find the humor in the situation....:devil:

Yes you got to laugh. One thing Katrina taught me was that stuff happens and you just got to laugh. My inlaws had just had their house painted and all new flooring throughout their house and then poof Katrina hit and it is now destroyed. They are going to start fixing the hole in the ceiling Tuesday.

Spade said:
The kid would be paid by doing the standard job. Your setup is pretty difficult and time consuming and its not worth wasting time for that kinda pay. You are lucky to be an American (freedom to whine) 'cause in my country that'll be your last whine.

The kid is coming out on Friday to do the job right. If you give it a shot and not just drive off and explain yourself most people would understand. They are going to move the dish to the front yard to get past the tree that is blocking me. If you follow the development of the thread you will see I realized from talking to the people on here the nature of their job. It is really a terrible setup for installers. There should be some sort of incentive to get a difficult job done. I DON'T BLAME THE KID FOR TAKING OFF NOW. If I had five jobs lined up for the day and I was getting paid by the job and I knew one was going to take four hours and might not work, I would politely explain to the customer the problems and how I don't get paid unless it is installed. Then I would take off. :D

Spade said:
Just a lil advise; the next time you report someone and eventually causing his job, what makes you think he's not coming back for a payback since he already knows where you live? Think about it next time before you do such a thing. The reason he probably didn't do the job was because he's not going to be paid enough for that kind of work (custom work since your dish was mounted customly).

Hey Spade, I don't know where you are from, but we don't cotton to that kind of thing, here in the good ole' USA...

If someone came to my home, for "Paybacks", he would be digging his own grave!!!

What Country are you from, that allows that kind of terrorist activity???

Doctor Bob said:
Hey Spade, I don't know where you are from, but we don't cotton to that kind of thing, here in the good ole' USA...

If someone came to my home, for "Paybacks", he would be digging his own grave!!!

What Country are you from, that allows that kind of terrorist activity???

Yes Doc Bob I didn't pickup on his drift about paybacks. The last person that came into my home and threatened me got a black and blue facial. I'm a country boy and I can take care of a problem. My situation wasn't anything like that. The two Wal-Mart guys worked their tails off trying to get all the DIsh sats and I appreciated it very much. I don't know who felt worse about the ceiling damage me or the guy that did it. There were no threats from me or them. However the guy didn't call me back about having the ceiling fixed so I did call his company then boom I suddenly got several call backs within the hour from both of them. I've been stuck with contractors that screwed up and took off. Again it really sucks the way things are currently setup for installers. You get paid by the job which can vary from easy to near impossible. You screw up and comes out of your pocket. What does the company do for the installer?:confused:

None of these companies do anything for the Installation Tech, any more, and that's the real problem in the Satellite Industry...

They want "Control, Control, Control", but they don't want to pay for it... RONTGLMAO....

The Fulfillment part of the Satellite Industry, has fallen apart, and failed!!! That is one of the reasons, that people have "Felons" walking into their homes without even know it!!!

Most of the quality Technicians, have stopped doing installs for the fulfillment companies, and have found ways to sell the customers other quality products, such as Surround Sound Systems etc. etc. etc... The smart Consumer, that needs help installing the systems, go to the "Local" Dealer, and that way they have quality support for their product.

PS, I like that "Black & Blue Facial"... LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)