DirecTV interest in VOOM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Go for it DirecTV! That will pretty much ensure I'll stay with Dish for a long time. I put off upgrading from the 5 channel, Dish HDPak for years because I couldn't bear the thought of paying more just to get the worthless VOOM channels. Have fun with the white elephant D*.

Aren't the UT or AZ locations closer? I know the Phoenix ones are awesome. I do have an affinity for my 1st one in SoCal though when I was just a small pup.

Did you see where that UT location is?? And no reason to go to AZ. Vegas would be the closest in terms of places I would go, but no beach there! :D

Did you see where that UT location is?? And no reason to go to AZ. Vegas would be the closest in terms of places I would go, but no beach there! :D
Plus, In N Out is only ideal in the SoCal atmosphere, where it was started. :up

If Direct picks up Voom, I would move from Dish. I only have time for a few hours of TV a week, and most of that was spent on SciFi and Equator. I also liked Gallery and Treasure. So for the few hours of time I have to watch a week, that matches the few hours of unique programming that was available and that I liked. If I had hours of viewing time a day instead of a week, I would mind the repeats, but if things ever slowed down that much for me I could find something else to watch.

Worldsport, EquatorHD, Rush HD and monsters would great. Add them to that worthless HD pack and maybe it would be worth something.

some of the channels are not bad. So long as national HD's are not trumped to put them on and prices don't go up, who cares. The HD pack would be a good place to put it.

I read through most of this and really I wouldnt want this to happen because of how bad voom had gotten about repeating the same stuff over and over and over on its channels ( has anyone forgotten about this ?)

Ditto

If D gets VOOM or even a compilation that includes MONSTER HD and RAVE, I'm so gone from E.

I pretty much agree w/ this. My brother is looking to go HD and is considering E* but have told him to wait to see about what happens w/ Voom & the new VIP722k. So if Voom goes to D* then I will most likely go over to them.

I was in Costco today and they were showing GalleryHD on all their HD TVs. I asked a salesperson what their feed was and they said DirecTV!?! How can this be?

CDH.

I was in Costco today and they were showing GalleryHD on all their HD TVs. I asked a salesperson what their feed was and they said DirecTV!?! How can this be?

CDH.

Never assume the salesperson is telling you the truth or would recognize it.

Never assume the salesperson is telling you the truth or would recognize it.

Yes, well I didn't have time to question further, but to my knowledge there is no provider of the Voom channels here in South Carolina. So if not from Directv (the equipment for which *is* sold at Costco), then I wonder how they were getting the feed???

CDH.

Yes, well I didn't have time to question further, but to my knowledge there is no provider of the Voom channels here in South Carolina. So if not from Directv (the equipment for which *is* sold at Costco), then I wonder how they were getting the feed???

CDH.

A loop. Either from DVD, or their own internal feed.

Wal-Mart had VOOM in their loop every day until about a month ago. Was from an internal feed, via their own sat link.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)