Directv International Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flee1049

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Cali
Can someone post there signal levels for the 95 satellite? I bought a DirectTV International Dish today and aimed it to receive international channels *I'm already subscribed*.

So Far my signal levels are very low,

TP 1: 45
TP 7: 19
TP 10: 28
TP 12: 22
TP 13: 21
TP 15: 22
TP 22: 40
TP 23: 0

My TP 7 goes up and down...sometimes it will go down to 0...sometimes it will show 19.

When I aimed it, I aimed it with the 101 Satellite and got nearly perfect signal (all 90s)

My location is 91030

Here are my current settings:

Elevation 42.5
Skew 59
Azimuth: No Idea :)

I am using a Accutrac 22 Meter.

Also, I hate how the Mast is different from a regular Slimline Dish mast.....they make you use the 2 supporting brackets....

Using the dtv36eds model in Florida all my levels are in the upper 80s to mid 90s except tp23 which is 0 and not currently in use.

You need to peak your dish on the 95 sat instead of 101, you can use it with a regular 1 5/8" pole if you change out the bolts on the mount to hex head bolts with threads all the way to the top and lock nuts. Once you see some improvement you should repeak on your weakest tp on the 95 sat, which for me also seems to be tp 7 which is 86-88%, my strongest is tp 1 which is 95-98%.

According to the footprint you should be seeing around the same levels as me.
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/galaxy3c_ku.html

try these settings as they are peaked for your exact zip
el 43.3
skew 60

Last edited:
Using the dtv36eds model in Florida all my levels are in the upper 80s to mid 90s except tp23 which is 0 and not currently in use.

You need to peak your dish on the 95 sat instead of 101, you can use it with a regular 1 5/8" pole if you change out the bolts on the mount to hex head bolts with threads all the way to the top and lock nuts. Once you see some improvement you should repeak on your weakest tp on the 95 sat, which for me also seems to be tp 7 which is 86-88%, my strongest is tp 1 which is 95-98%.

According to the footprint you should be seeing around the same levels as me.
Galaxy 3C at 95.0°W - LyngSat Maps

try these settings as they are peaked for your exact zip
el 43.3
skew 60

Hmmm....yeah...I need a regular mast mount........i don't think my mast is plumb enough.....need to get a leveler....wish it had one built in like the slimline dishes....So you are saying the signals should be in the 80s to 90s? Wow, I'm way off!!!

Ok, I remounted my dish and plumbed it with a leveler.....My Current settings are:

Elevation: 43
Skew: 60

The best signal i can get on TP7 is 25.....which is only slightly better than before......

I have a pretty big tree thats about 200ft away from the dish.....I don't know if that might be the culprit......because my Slimline AU9 dish is also in the same location, and I am getting 90+ signals for all the satellites.....

Could it be that the 95 satellite is a weak linear satellite? Unfortunetly this is the only place I can put my Dishes....

Have you checked your cables by swapping them between 101 and 95? Are you sure the lnb is seated in the holder correctly? The lnb cover should be vertical and the lnb should be pushed all the way forward and the dot should be fitted in the groove.

Have you checked your cables by swapping them between 101 and 95? Are you sure the lnb is seated in the holder correctly? The lnb cover should be vertical and the lnb should be pushed all the way forward and the dot should be fitted in the groove.

The cables are good. I made new ones just in case......the LNB is pushed all the way in and is in the groove....

The best signal I get seems to be 45 on TP1....no matter how i tweak it....

You may want to try and auto-configure your receiver in the sat. setup screen. On some installs I have done, I have had a great signal at the dish but very low showing on tv. Auto-configure made my signals jump to 85-95. Just trying to help.

You may want to try and auto-configure your receiver in the sat. setup screen. On some installs I have done, I have had a great signal at the dish but very low showing on tv. Auto-configure made my signals jump to 85-95. Just trying to help.

What do you mean by auto configure? I went into the satellite setup and did the configurations there....it asked me what dish I had, then asked if 95 was installed....etc...

Ok, I got a friend that has a birdog and I'm borrowing it. When I select (KH GALAXY-3C 95) it will show Signal of 178 and Quality 0....and it says "FOUND" on it....whatever I do, I can't get a quality.....

I tried pointing it at Galaxy 19 IA5 97...and got a quality of 70........

I have no idea what seems to be the problem.....it can't be a defective LNB...because I'm able to get 97 IA5 without problems.....

About the only thing you could try is to temporarily mount your dish on a stand in another part of your property to see if it improves your levels. I assume your 95 degree feed throat assembly is properly aligned to your 95 lnb. Both pieces vertical in relation to the feed arm and 2 lnb support bracket. Otherwise the dishes overall skew will be off and that would explain the problem.

like this:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DirecTV/DTVWorldDirectDish4.jpg

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/DirecTV/DTVWorldDirectDish3.jpg

Since you have a AU9 which is 101 wideband with Ka upper lower I assume you are using that dish for 101Ku.
With the 95 degree signal meter on your receiver/tv screen I would recommend disconnecting all your inputs from the AU9 wideband dish into the switch to see if you have a bad switch or interference, make sure you label them before disconnecting.

Last edited:
go over the setup with a fine toothed comb.... any loose bolts, cracked lnb's, warped reflectors, will jack it up, id try a temp setup on a tripod or pole just to double check the location too

Status
Please reply by conversation.