Directv International Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

El_Viejo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Indy no place, IN
In my discussion with someone at DTV regarding Mhz Worldview, they said I would have to change to an International Dish. Is there a fee to do this? What all do they have to change? Does it still use just the two cables going to the 3x4 switch? Thanks for input, E_V

I dont know about a fee if there is one

as to what they change it depends on what you have right now

If you have just a 18" dish this would replace it. Since you mention 2 cables to a 3x4 switch they actually would switch it to a 4x4 switch. 2 lines from 101 and 1 line to 95W (the Int'l dish)
If you have a slimline (HD dish) they will add this dish to the setup with a 6x8 switch

Only got the 18" w/one lnb. Tnx Ice, that answers my question as far as mechanically/electrically. They did send me a number to call, so I might get brave enough to call and see what they tell me. Again, tnx. E_V

I know the switch needs to be changed to a 4x4 or 6x8 would work too, but will the dish be swapped or will they add the dish. I know with hd you need both, but i sorta remember the 36" odu picking up the 101 and 95, but for some reason dont remember ever installing just one dish.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

The Int'l dish has a LNB for 95 (boresight) and 101 (offset) so it would replace the existing dish. A 4x4 is all that is needed unless you have more than 4 tuners set up. Since the OP has a 3x4 right now he would be set with the 4x4

Would look something like what i have here.

IMG_20111007_164425.jpg

Tnx, guys for all the input. Sounds simple enough. Ice, what do you mean the 95 is boresight and the 101 is offset? Don't they split the difference so to speak? E_V

The way the dish is setup, (its sheer size) think about how big you current dish is compared to the dish to the left in that picture, there is plenty of surface area to pick up the 101 off to the left slightly.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Tnx, guys for all the input. Sounds simple enough. Ice, what do you mean the 95 is boresight and the 101 is offset? Don't they split the difference so to speak? E_V

no
95W is KU Band (hence the large dish)and as a FTA'er you know how tricky KU can be sometimes so its straight down the arm
101 is DBS and much higher powered so it being offset if fine

Well, Ice, it is a small world! I been having trouble with 95w myself. think a neighbors tree may have got me from where my FTA dishes are located. E_V

The International dish uses braces attached to the 'J' tube, doesn't it? I was looking around the neighborhood and I thought that was what I saw. E_V

In my discussion with someone at DTV regarding Mhz Worldview, they said I would have to change to an International Dish. Is there a fee to do this? What all do they have to change? Does it still use just the two cables going to the 3x4 switch? Thanks for input, E_V

i got my international dish for free including setup. it didn't extend my then contract either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts