DirecTV introducing new DVR tomorrow 10/9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Was told today by 2 different people( Tivo Department & A Supervisor ) (Called to check on my rebate which they told me they have not received and I sent it out 44 days ago ) Got to love that ) anyway I was told the the lifetime Tivo members would be able to transfer that over to the new D R15 , Take it for is but I hope this is right just in case and was also told the the rebate is good for old and new members for the new R15.

Does anyone know if the new DVR has a 30 second skip button? In the Best Buy description all that is mentioned is rewind and instant replay. On my Replay unit I can jump forward to get past commercials.

Well, I just saw the ad on MNF, and considering how they tout that live TV can be rewound, I don't think that rumor about the R15 not caching live TV on both tuners holds any water. Nothing I've seen from D* suggests this either. I guess we'll see.

Season Pass??

I love my TIVO -- would not give it up for anything -- except if the new one has a season pass feature. That feature has spoiled me so badly.

Anyone know if the new R15 has this feature? :confused: :confused:

I just got the sd tivo box 2 or so weeks ago. you think they would let me swap it for a directv box? To be honest, I hate the tivo on screen guide and it's really slow. the recording options and season pass rock but the guide is what I use most.

Your tivo does have a 90 day warranty... it could "die" (not that I know of or condone that)

Do you have to have 2 cable runs from the dish to hook up a DVR Receiver? I have one cable to each of 4 rooms and it would be a task to run a second one to any of these room, but not impossible. I also have a 18" round dish, with a dual LNB, running into the attic to a 2 dish in, OTA in and 4 output Diplexer. So if the DVR Receiver requires a 2nd cable, I would have to run a 2nd cable to the room I want the receiver in, and than change the diplexer with more outputs, correct??

You will need a clean run to the multi switch. You will most likely need to upgrade your multiswitch to a 2x8 with OTA input.

briansanders007 said:
I just got the sd tivo box 2 or so weeks ago. you think they would let me swap it for a directv box? To be honest, I hate the tivo on screen guide and it's really slow. the recording options and season pass rock but the guide is what I use most.

Good question, try calling the retention number saying you want to cancel because you think the guide is painfully slow and your going back to cable. They might offer you the new receiver, it's the same price. Don't see why they wouldn't swap it out. Anyone try this in the past?

I've been calling around and these are not going to be available until the end of october :(

But it does have a "Season Pass" type feature which was my concern.

Has anyone seen these new commercials for their DVR...I have not as of yet.

I believe I saw a commercial for the DirecTv DVR last night during Monday Night Football. I didn't get much from the add, other than DirecTV is offering a new DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)