Directv L-11 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have to do some checking on this. But I know that old Sony receivers (SD version) were able to adjust the aspect ratio even though they were not HD. Frogg, have you tried setting your receiver to 4X3?

The PR site was listed in #7 of this thread as well and determine no info; Maybe the OP (the subscriber) should just call the DirecTV tech for the info. Which old Sony's? I have A1, A/B2 and an A4.

Last edited:
Cool thanks, I'll have to check out what that looks like (how it reacts) on one of my 4:3 and then a 16:9 displays considering its always 4:3 SD output. I assume they default to 4:3 as I have NEVER needed to change it or even look for it as you can tell. They are all currently on 4:3 sets. I knew to make the selection on my two HD units.

When I first got mine. (oh so many years ago) I noticed this option and set mine to 16x9 even though the TVs were only 4x3. It didn't do anything but it was nice to know it was there for the future. Some of the early RCAs have this too I think. That's what I have to check on. I have one set up to an HD set over at my mens club. We use OTA for HD on that set. I think it's post 14 on this thread that the OP says he set his recever up for 16X9. That's why I thought he may have the option.

On my D10 and R15, both are hooked up to 4:3 TVs, setting the aspect to 16:9 has no effect. I did have an old hughes SD hooked to my Mits DLP for a week or so before I got a HD receiver, and the aspect setting on it had no effect on the 16:9 TV either. Had to tell the DLP TV how I wanted the incoming 4:3 displayed. So we are all still guessing as to what the OP receiver really is capable of, since it's not a model we can investigate at this point.

I'm over at my mens club now. So I got a chance to check things out a little better. First off we have older RCA receivers here and they do have the Aspect ratio option. Don't ask the model number because it would invole ladders and small spaces to get to the back of either unit. I checked the settings on the unit that is connecetd to the HDTV and it is set to 4x3 and was still displaying 16X9. To get it to display in 4x3 I had to change the settinngs on the TV. Now the D channels are coming in in 4x3 and the OTA stations are coming in, in 16X9 when apropriate. Sice it's early in the day there isn't much on in HD on the networks, so I checked the Aspect using the sub-channels that always broadcast in widescreen. Also just checked a Soap that is on CBS in HD and it is also in 16x9. So I woulsd say just change the settings on your TV back to 4x3. Of course since none of us has the receiver in question it's my best guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How late will installer work?

HD Locals In Buffalo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)