DIRECTV Launches DIRECTVAUTO

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2 Questions ...

Is it in HD and how much does the dish cost, plus addl. installation.

I would rather see a carry out in HD, or whatever they call them for camping.

How long has this website been out?
According to the SBCA and some press releases the website is new, however if you watch the video it tells you you also get access to the XM channels on DIRECTV in your car as well, and XM hasnt been on DIRECTV in years.

are you sure?

"allows it to track DIRECTV’s three primary satellites (two in Ka-band, and one in Ku-band) simultaneously with a single antenna, making it the perfect solution"

are you sure?

"allows it to track DIRECTV’s three primary satellites (two in Ka-band, and one in Ku-band) simultaneously with a single antenna, making it the perfect solution"

If it's the one that I had looked at previously it hits the 101, 110 and 119 Sats.

I think it's the Trac 7.

Edit :

This IS a different one than what I have seen.

It says here in the Specs :

Compatible Satellite TV Services
DIRECTV - North America:
Ku- and Ka-band services

I'm presuming that they have both KA and KU covered now.

That is a good thing, but still too expensive at $1400
It's actually designed for boats and it looks like you have to use a special recvr, so you can't use your existing recvr.

Last edited:

For boats... That just means its built more sturdy and can withstand sea & salt & water REALLY well. Hell, I would rather have that unit.. And....

Simultaneous tracking of DIRECTV’s primary Ka- and Ku-band satellites for uninterrupted reception of HD and standard-definition TV
KVH’s Single-Wire Multiswitch enables installation of up to 8 HD receivers or 4 HD DVRs with a single RF cable
Rack-mountable, IP-enabled ACU with Ethernet connection, built-in WiFi interface, and USB port

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)