DIRECTV Launches 'What's Hot' ITV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just realized (chs. 102 and 104) -- press the "Yellow" button. That will enable you to hear the sound from one PIP-type featured channel to the next.

isn't it cool that they figured out real time 2 way communcations to get all this data? They must be using a continuous rotating feed of viewers who left their phone lines plugged in

they must also have software that knows i'm actually watching something now vs tivoing for later or that i just left the channel on. pretty cool

newsposter said:
isn't it cool that they figured out real time 2 way communcations to get all this data? They must be using a continuous rotating feed of viewers who left their phone lines plugged in

they must also have software that knows i'm actually watching something now vs tivoing for later or that i just left the channel on. pretty cool

It's a feature of the VideoGuard system and the information comes from the recievers. I don't think it can differentiate you watching TV and you just leaving your reciever on.

It'll be nice when the H20 can get the upgrade for this...looking forward to it.

So, the D10 and D11 are SD receivers right? How come the more advanced H20 doesn't have the software?

Optical Serenity said:
It'll be nice when the H20 can get the upgrade for this...looking forward to it.
I had an interesting talk with someone in D*s tech department this afternoon,asking about this in particular.The lady that I spoke with told me that there is another software/firmware update coming for the H20 receivers to enable the interactive features by the end of June.Time will tell indeed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts