DirecTV & Leviton's Structured Media Panel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I'm debating switching from E* to D* because i'm currently undergoing a major cable management project, trying to get everything looking neat and clean, and my main workhorse will be the Leviton's Structrured Media Panel. My question is, if i use the following Leviton Made Switch:
http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/catalog/BuildPage.aspx?BuildPageID=3011
Will it be compatable in the future when D* rolls out MPEG4 LIL in my area?
Aditionaly from what satellite would i hook up each feed from the LNBs, as i'll have the system installed their way first then add the above switch and refeed the cables to it. I'm used to E* way of wiring and not needing the be conserned about SAT A, SAT B ect imputs.

No that switch would not be compatible with Directv's AT9 dish but they do have a 6X8 approved switch that you could replace that one with. If you are setting up the Phase 3 oval dish you would bring in four cables from the dish and they would connect to the 4 satellite inputs on the 5X8 switch. The 5th input is for OTA signal.

is there any order i need to hook-up the 4 inputs, i noticed that on both directv provided and the one im considering it says SAT A and SAT and diff voltage markings, sry if it seems like im clueless, just trying to figure out if i should do it or try to modify/retrofit anything i get from D*

No particular order for the 4 inputs from the satelite dish..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)