DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Disney and ESPN are the same
Article seems sloppy

There have been rumors Disney might sell ESPN (and they only own 80% of them) while what you say is pretty much true today it won't necessarily be true in the future.

So, NFL, IF the object is to get Sunday Ticket to more than Directv (they say they want multiple platforms) If they put it on Amazon,, they have moved from one platform to another, not expanding at all.
If it ends up going Streaming Only, thats not an improvement.

If they keep it on D* and ADD Amazon Streaming, thats at least an improvement (expanding options anyways.)
Apple would be the same as Amazon, streaming only.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.
So, NFL, IF the object is to get Sunday Ticket to more than Directv (they say they want multiple platforms) Idf they put it on Amazon,, they have moved from one platform to another, not expanding at all.
If it ends up going Streaming Only, thats not an improvement.

If they keep it on D* and ADD Amazon Streaming, thats at least an improvement (expanding options anyways.)
Apple would be the same as Amazon, streaming only.
Actually, if it went to Amazon (streaming only), that is a improvement because of the larger customer base to get subscribers for the NFLST, have read there are 147 million Prime members in the U.S.

That is a lot better then the 13 million DirecTV has and from that only 2 million subscribe to it, also every article that I have read that states 2 million does not separate how many pay vs how many get it for free.

I do not think the NFL really cares about expanding it, they just want the guaranteed 2-2.5 billion dollars.

Bottom line is, not one article about NFLST says anything about DirecTV wanting to keep it either as a exclusive or sharing it with someone.

Actually, if it went to Amazon (streaming only), that is a improvement because of the larger customer base to get subscribers for the NFLST, have read there are 147 million Prime members in the U.S.

That is a lot better then the 13 million DirecTV has and from that only 2 million subscribe to it, also every article that I have read that states 2 million does not separate how many pay vs how many get it for free.

I do not think the NFL really cares about expanding it, they just want the guaranteed 2-2.5 billion dollars.

Bottom line is, not one article about NFLST says anything about DirecTV wanting to keep it either as a exclusive or sharing it with someone.
Sports fans have directv..not amazon prime

Reactions: Joe h and AZ.
Sports fans have directv..not amazon prime
Since Amazon Prime has 147 million members here in the U.S., logic should prove that a lot of DirecTV subs also have Prime.

Also, Prime already offers the MLB, NBA and PGA packages to subscribe thru them, plus Thursday Night Football, I believe they have Soccer also.

Since Amazon Prime has 147 million members here in the U.S., logic should prove that a lot of DirecTV subs also have Prime.

Also, Prime already offers the MLB, NBA and PGA packages to subscribe thru them, plus Thursday Night Football, I believe they have Soccer also.
What sports does prime carry?

You said it "to SUB THRU them" they don't have the service, they are just piggybacking so THEY can add more money to the cost of the package.

I don't mind if Amazon ends up with it ... as long as thats not the Only way to get the ST.

I REALLY HATE having to bounce around from on platform to another to watch a game or have to Order ANOTHER streaming service to watch a different game, or lets say a movie.

It gets really OLD to have to find a movie you want to watch .... no, I'm not saying I can't find one ... I'm saying when I have one I want to watch and you then have to figure out what service might be showing it ....
Give me ONE platform and show me whats available.

I know it got off of Sports for a bit, but nothing is good if you have to pay 5 different streaming services to watch what you could find on one.
My D* has had everything I wanted to watch for the last 17 years now.

I'm curious, I just went thru the Amazon channels (if you want to call them that) now, Yes, they have the MLB games listed ... so if I want to watch the Red Sox or the Astros game tonight, I can just click on that game and it will be there to watch ?
I DON'T think so ...
I am a Prime member already, Oh, they want More Money to do that .... whats the point in going that route then, It"s no different than any other package to buy .... why go that route when I already have a platform that does that ?

How much Live Sport are you watching on Amazon Prime ?

We're probably consuming 1500+ hours of content from prime a year in my household right now (both live and vod), and are currently streaming all of our NFL viewing from yttv and other sources. So this wouldn't require a change for our viewing habits - just one of well over 100m customers the package would become available for that don't have access now.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

You said it "to SUB THRU them" they don't have the service, they are just piggybacking so THEY can add more money to the cost of the package.

I don't mind if Amazon ends up with it ... as long as thats not the Only way to get the ST.

I REALLY HATE having to bounce around from on platform to another to watch a game or have to Order ANOTHER streaming service to watch a different game, or lets say a movie.

It gets really OLD to have to find a movie you want to watch .... no, I'm not saying I can't find one ... I'm saying when I have one I want to watch and you then have to figure out what service might be showing it ....

I know it got off of Sports for a bit, but nothing is good if you have to pay 5 different streaming services to watch what you could find on one.
17 years was a good run. But the facts are after next season things are gonna change and if you want to watch Sunday ticket your going to have to bounce between services

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and meStevo
Im a prime member but they cant improve my internet?.....Im lucky on a good day to get 10mg down....Usually on average its about 5, and Sundays for some reason lots of buffering!

If the NFL was smart?.....LOL.....they would have it on many platforms at a far more reasonable price!

Whats better, 100 million viewers paying $300.00 or 300 million paying $100.00? You get the point!

Reactions: Jimbo and dtv757
Im a prime member but they cant improve my internet?.....Im lucky on a good day to get 10mg down....Usually on average its about 5, and Sundays for some reason lots of buffering!

If the NFL was smart?.....LOL.....they would have it on many platforms at a far more reasonable price!

Whats better, 100 million viewers paying $300.00 or 300 million paying $100.00? You get the point!
They want younger fans
Not old directv fans..the loyal ones

Reactions: AZ.
They want younger fans
Not old directv fans..the loyal ones
I do agree with what you say, tho I hang with a very mixed age of people, many in the 20-40s they dont even pay for tv, and they sure dont have money thats for sure....!
Things are a lot different now than it was 40 to 50 years ago

What is so different about checking out what Streaming Service has what movie then trying to find a certain movie on HBO, Showtime, Epix, Starz, etc.

I think Streaming is easier, for example-
HBO MAX-all the Warner titles.
Peacock-soon all the Universal titles ( new Universal Movies are leaving HBO next year).
Paramount Plus-think you can figure that out
Disney Plus-duh’
Hulu-some Disney and soon 20th Century Fox ( new 20th Century Fox Movies are leaving HBO next year)
All that is left is Sony ( Starz), MGM (Amazon is buying them) and Lionsgate.

The world is changing, what can you do but adapt, streaming is not that hard, my wife has memory issues because of Parkinson’s, yet she figured out the Roku with ease, if she wants Live TV, she hits the YTTV app, mostly she is on the Discovery+ app because of Food Network programming, she knows how to navigate on it to find what she wishes to watch.

Reactions: comp9
Faster broadband is coming via Star Link by the time NFLST is streaming only.

The NFL does not care how many packages are sold at what price and how many do so, all they care about is the guaranteed money ( $2-2.5 billion) they will get, that is why they are playing Apple vs Amazon right now, to boost the price up.

And there is no way they are going to get 100 million viewers paying $300.00 or 300 million paying $100.00, there is only 2 million right now subbing to NFLST and of those 2 million, we do not know who pays and those who get it for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.