NFL Network & RedZone coming to DIRECTV Satellite, Stream and U-Verse

Do stream customers have a "hide SD duplicates" option like satellite customers do? For satellite there's an ongoing glitch where many of the streaming channels are hidden if this is enabled.
I haven't seen that option. Virtually all of the channels are hd anyways.

A stream for NFL Network's RedZone is now in test mode

Attachments

• NFLNRZ.jpg
    NFLNRZ.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 76
A stream for the NFL Network's alternate feed is now in test mode

Attachments

• NFLaHD.jpg
    NFLaHD.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 62
For the US they only use it to provide an alternate game during the presason for the markets of the teams playing on the main channel. i.e. locally in Scranton the NFL Network will be blacked out for the Eagles games on 8/12 and 8/17 and the Steelers game on 8/24, and they will air on either WOLF, WSWB or WQMY.

Internationally, they use additional alternates to supply filler programming instead of games. Like in Canada where TSN and CTV have the rights to their games.

For the US they only use it to provide an alternate game during the presason for the markets of the teams playing on the main channel. i.e. locally in Scranton the NFL Network will be blacked out for the Eagles games on 8/12 and 8/17 and the Steelers game on 8/24, and they will air on either WOLF, WSWB or WQMY.

Internationally, they use additional alternates to supply filler programming instead of games. Like in Canada where TSN and CTV have the rights to their games.
now will directv also use the ALT slot for redzone?

No, Red Zone is a seperate channel and conflicts with the alternate as they also cover select nights during the preseason.

No, Red Zone is a seperate channel and conflicts with the alternate as they also cover select nights during the preseason.
I have not seen Red Zone air a preseason edition since the NFL schedule was expanded to 18 weeks and preseason was shortened to 3 weeks. When they did air, it was during preseason week 4 when everybody played on the same night

DTV Business posted the price of NFL Red Zone for commercial accounts at $99 for the season, regardless of bar occupancy size. No word yet on how much it will cost per hotel room for hospitality customers (if applicable)

Reactions: KyL416
I remember when 211 was an ESPN alternate channel! Never thought they’d even place RedZone at that high of a channel slot, but I guess it makes sense as it’s on every other provider as well, usually also next to NFL Network or a duplicate of NFLN if that’s also in a higher slot.

210 and 211 stopped being used after they started using subchannels for alternates. ABC and ESPN2 no longer swap NCAA Football games in portions of the country, so the ESPN2 alternate on 209-1 hasn't been needed since the Fall 2019 season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts