DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not planned for 100% of the country, only for the underserved.

And I have it for my back up service, works great.

100% of the country does not have DirecTV, only roughly 9% , that means 91% does not.

And all this complaining about ST going streaming keeps missing a fact, AT&T/TPG/DirecTV did not bid on it, what choice does the NFL have, not one traditional provider, Dish, Comcast, charter, etc bid, the only ones who did was the streaming companies.
It was too expensive..The NFL announced sunday ticket was moving to streaming so quite obviously directv could not bit on it if they wanted to..but alas still no streaming deal

Not planned for 100% of the country, only for the underserved.
Huh? So the sat knows if you can get better internet or not.

Obviously, no body who could get good internet is going to sign up for this ultra-expensive alternative, but, yes, it will be available in 100% of the country. If it ever is.
100% of the country does not have DirecTV, only roughly 9% , that means 91% does not.
But 100%, well, 99%, CAN get it. Which teaches us two things.

One, is that the situation, today, is if you want ST, you can have it. Everyone. Universally available. New contract will make it unavailable to millions. And, on the commercial side, force thousands of businesses to buy fantastic levels of internet, enough to support as many as 10 different HD videos at once, which they otherwise don’t need at all.

Two, is that we know about how many people want ST. The max numbers from DirecTV from before streaming. It is a niche product.

I would add, that, in my opinion, the three is that both ST and TNF will be sold to the business market on DirecTV, just as now.

Nobody seems to want to pay the price the NFL is asking...2 billion isxalot of money for 2 million Satellite subs
You really should take a few minutes and read some posts here that have addressed the most likely reasons for the asking price and the delay.....

You really should take a few minutes and read some posts here that have addressed the most likely reasons for the asking price and the delay.....
Why read details about a non exisiting contract with a unknown provider?.. we have 2 million ST subs ( verified number) of which 250k cant be served via streaming...the price of ST will double or maybe triple to the new provider meaning many ST subs will peobably opt out at the new higher price any way...I do like the streaming fan fiction about a potential 10 million subs via streaming...its always good for a laugh or 2

Reactions: SamCdbs and AZ.
how many rual folks have the money for starlink. and even there speeds are slowing down
And by this time next year, there should be enough Satellites up so this is not a problem.

And again, in reference to NFLST, what choice do they have if they need broadband.

And by this time next year, there should be enough Satellites up so this is not a problem.

And again, in reference to NFLST, what choice do they have if they need broadband.
they don't have much of a choice other than hugesnet and viacrap!! wich are pitiful in themselves. hopefully musk launches more sats soon!!!

they don't have much of a choice other than hugesnet and viacrap!! wich are pitiful in themselves. hopefully musk launches more sats soon!!!
He does almost every two weeks, including today at 6:57.

Reactions: John2021
isn't roaming an extra 25.00 a month
It is hooked to a mast on my house, I am not roaming with it.

I have wi-fi in my Mach E, but I do not use it much, hard to while driving, Florida has the do not use Cell Phone while driving law, unless Hands Free of course.

Reactions: John2021
No..just no discount

Nobody was getting a discount, that's just some subsidies they were trying to qualify for. They've previously received over $800m from the same program. Both Starlink and another provider failed to qualify for this latest round.

It's a $20b fund that SpaceX will almost certainly draw from in the future as the network continues to develop.

Status
Please reply by conversation.