DIRECTV Limited (Package Price)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hi All,
I have a question, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.. :)

I currently have DIRECTV Limited, which is basically only access to PPV, and the shopping channels, and included in that package, i'm paying for the East and West feeds of ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX SD Feeds.. Since they are going up on the prices of all packages, including the DIRECTV Limited package, that's going to make my monthly bill close to $34 for basically nothing. I have seen the "DirecTV Basic" package floating around here before for $9.99, but I don't know if i'd be able to move to a different/cheaper package or not. I definitely don't want to lose my networks, as i'm granfathered in. Anyone have an idea on how to lower my bill, without risk of losing my networks? I've been w/ DirecTV for 10 years, but geez, these price increases are getting ridiculous.

Its like any company they can charge what they want when they want. If they want to charge you 50.00 for nothing they can because they can.

The low-end DIRECTV "package" is the Family Package for $29.99.

You'll need to contact DIRECTV and ask them what your options are.

If you want/need to maintain your DNS feeds, do not surrender them as you may lose them forever if you give them up.

The low-end DIRECTV "package" is the Family Package for $29.99.

You'll need to contact DIRECTV and ask them what your options are.

If you want/need to maintain your DNS feeds, do not surrender them as you may lose them forever if you give them up.

And that may automatically happen if you switch your package to anything else. Any change in programming may trigger a recertification for the DNS channels.

The basic package you speak of is a small package of channels for international subscribers that want a few things in english like news, etc - and shopping channels of course.

You' won't be able to get the $9.99 package.

I don't think there is anything lower that what you're at now - other than dropping services. Could you go to just east or west feeds instead of both? That's $6.

I wish that they would allow me to drop the DirecTV Limited package, but they told me years ago that was the minimum "Base" package needed.. ugghh..

I know i'll eventually lose the networks, especially once they have 100% of the markets covered, it's only a matter of time. Just want to prolong it as much as possible. the affiliates down here are terrible with audio and picture quality.

I wish that they would allow me to drop the DirecTV Limited package, but they told me years ago that was the minimum "Base" package needed.. ugghh..

I know i'll eventually lose the networks, especially once they have 100% of the markets covered, it's only a matter of time. Just want to prolong it as much as possible. the affiliates down here are terrible with audio and picture quality.

Rod,

I currently get the Basic package because I wanted the lowest total cost of service and locals / Christian stations meant the most to me. So that is 9.99.

To get the Basic package, you need to get one international pkg also. So i picked the cheapest one, Italian SG-24 for 9.99 a month. I don't even watch it, I don't even think I get it because my 3 LNB dish isn't pointed at 95 deg. It's ok, INMHO.

I get about 23 TV channels including locals, CSPAN 1 and 2, the Christian Channels, and RFD-TV (new TV home of Imus in the morning), and 50 XM Music channels. So for $20 including the first receiver per month, I think it's a good deal and I accept its limitations in programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)