Directv Local Upgrade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I called directv today to ask when the local channel dish upgrade will be ready. (they couldnt before because there was an error in thier system) It will take a few days they said.

They told me that they are phasing out the 72.5W dish and giving everyone a slimline dish and a Hd Receiver.

I having a hard time beliving this. The last guy I talked to (over a month ago) told me they would just add a second dish.

Now they are saying my locals will be mpeg4? I dont have a HDTV (I hate HDTV) televison.
My Directivo I got off ebay is in the mail and will be at my door in a few days. It takes two lines to work. Now since my locals are mpeg4 I cant record them to my TIVO!

I climbed up my dangerous snow covered roof yesterday to add a second line so I can record two shows.

Now it sounds like they will be removing my 31" Azure Shine Dish that I paid $75 for (since my old D* dish went out in the rain) and replacing it with a slimline.

But there is only enough room in my ceiling wall joist for two cables, now I have to climb inside my unfinished attic to drill a hole in my ceiling wall joist to run a THIRD cable, for my HD receiver.

All this work, and they are going to GIVE me a FREE slimline dish and HD receiver?
This sounds too good to be true and I hope it is because I dont want to waste another day in my attic.

From my understanding the D* boxes wont operate a diseqc switch, but if you had a manual way of adjusting it, and had a Mount that would do AZ/EL it should.

And yes for 72.5 markets you get a Hxx for a SD box and a R22 for a SDDVR You can activate HD service on the Hxx box if you choose but not on the R22. They do not have to remove the old dish if you dont want them to. If you want them to remove it, then ask them not to "toss'er"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts