DirecTV Marketing/Retention

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
We terminated our DirecTV service (after fourteen years) three days ago, and afterwards received ten calls from DirecTV, only two of which we answered.

The first was to express regret we had cancelled and then to offer us $150 credits and some temporary package breaks like "free HD" for six months (worth $60). The second was to up the offer after we had not answered several more calls.

We told D* that we really had not cancelled trying to "get something" from them, and that we really did not want any more phones calls or offers. We learned that when you cancel, you need to ask D* to put you on D*'s own 'do not call' list to avoid repeated marketing calls in the future.

No harm done for us, and an amicable parting after a very snippy original cancellation call. But, if you do want to "get something," D* is very aggressive trying to keep you if they think you are bolting for another TV service.

Regards,
The Camper

It's true that that the national "do not call" list doesn't include firms you've done business with before, but as you found out with DirecTV most companies have their own in-house list and will put you on that.

Still, some outfits just won't take no for an answer. I canceled a long-time subscription to a national magazine, last year, and I must have gotten 20 calls after that. It took a letter to the company's CEO and the threat of a lawsuit for harassment to get them to stop.

hell, they call me with offers and everything and i already have their service!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts