DirecTV MediaShare... Dead Beta Product?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
So the website lists Mediashare as a beta feature, but its been in 'beta' for over two years now. I have used it to stream my music collection in the past, but the new interface lists video as well. I personally run Plesk Media Server to 2/4 of my tvs via DLNA. But the other two are not smart tvs. both have bluray players, but the plex app just isnt that great and doesnt always stream correctly. My actual question is what video formats does DTV Support. I read on some forum somewhere that Vuze can convert any files into an acceptable format, but have yet to accomplish this. I have tons of mkv.s and know they do not play, but an mkv is more of a container file than a format. Back on topic, has anyone gotten videos to stream over mediashare?

So the website lists Mediashare as a beta feature, but its been in 'beta' for over two years now. I have used it to stream my music collection in the past, but the new interface lists video as well. I personally run Plesk Media Server to 2/4 of my tvs via DLNA. But the other two are not smart tvs. both have bluray players, but the plex app just isnt that great and doesnt always stream correctly. My actual question is what video formats does DTV Support. I read on some forum somewhere that Vuze can convert any files into an acceptable format, but have yet to accomplish this. I have tons of mkv.s and know they do not play, but an mkv is more of a container file than a format. Back on topic, has anyone gotten videos to stream over mediashare?

Have you tried Serviio?

Status
Please reply by conversation.