DirecTV Mirroring is Horrible

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AGAIN, many if not most people have a vcr they can use as a modulator. If the box you want to mirror is a dvr, then it comes with an rf remote. Then the only extra cost would be composite and coaxial cables. Cheap!

They do not come with a remote at all if they come with the installer. Directv quit putting remotes in the receiver boxes over 6 months ago. So they issue remotes to the techs the problem is you don't get very many if any of the RF units.

ANd you forget they still have to pay the installer $45 to do the work. Plus every time the power goes out the vcr will reset to channel 3 and not the video input, so now the picture is gone.

I'm glad I get very few requests for mirrors, but I just tell people that the HD receivers do not have the ch 3 output to mirror. If they seem smart enough to figure it out I tell them they can run long RCA cables, but I don't mirror. It's just not worth the hassel.

Last edited:
If you can't get an rf from the installer, Directv will send you one.

My Directv installer mirrored my old bedroom TV for me at no extra charge on my original installation. I purchased an additional IR remote.Then Directv upgraded the firmware and I got the message that my tv OR cables were not HD. It was a PITA to switch from SD to HD. I finally added another DVR to my system and moved a HD receiver to my bedroom and set it to SD. My whole home viewing works great on all four of my TV sets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)