DirecTV MPEG4 Rollout to begin

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
Be sure to add your local tv news, news papers, state senate, and mayor to that list; but still not sure what that has to do with your satellite tv.

No kidding! Also, don't forget most major news channels.

I hope the new larger dish will deter rain fade, as my Directv signal goes out when it rains and does not come back on, until the rain stops....been that way for years.

PeaceOfMind said:
I hope the new larger dish will deter rain fade, as my Directv signal goes out when it rains and does not come back on, until the rain stops....been that way for years.

It sounds like that dish might need to be re-peaked; 88 or higher sould be easy. I have been in some bad monsoon and dust storms and not lost signals. The 4 or 5 times I have in the last 9 or so years it has been REAL bad; I couldn't even see 6' across the yard.

Rain fade from the smaller dish

hdtvtechno said:
Your in Luck, go and grab it :)
Thanks Hdtvtechno, I will get the new larger dish, as I have peaked the smaller dish many time, with the each channel registering 95%...locked on signal....until it rains.
I will get the new 5 LNB dish and, for the most part, say goodbye to the rain fade problem that has plagued me since 1994. I just read on another site(Master Channel, I think), where, the larger the dish, the less chance of rain fade.
Thanks again Hdtvtechno.
Peace:)

Rain fade from the smaller dish

charper1 said:
It sounds like that dish might need to be re-peaked; 88 or higher sould be easy. I have been in some bad monsoon and dust storms and not lost signals. The 4 or 5 times I have in the last 9 or so years it has been REAL bad; I couldn't even see 6' across the yard.

Thanks Charper1....I have peaked the 3 LNB, smaller dish....my signal strength is 95%, on 97% of my channels......until it rains.
I will have the new larger dish installed...I have been told by many of my friends and internet sites, that, the larger the dish, the less the rain fade. I guess it depends on the area that we live in.

Thanks again:)

There is a larger PhaseIII dish called the Gain Master. The lager the surface area of the dish, the more signal it reflects to the LNBF.

I called about the switch to MPEG4 and they cant help me yet cause I have D* Tivo HDTV unit and they said it wont be til 2nd half 2006 til the get the new Mpeg4 HDTV DVR unit out PLUS even though I was told 9 months ago when I got this system there would be zero charge to upgrade and switch to this system...now the story is a $99 upgrade fee...NICE HUH????

LonghornXP said:
By 2050 we will all be waiting for providers to carry ultra Imax HD with 121.1 surround sound with our 250" Imax 40,000x40,000p resolution screens. DirecTV will at that time have to launch a brand new satellite to give us enough bandwidth to offer the 6 UHDImax feeds available from ESPN and CBS. Time Warner Cable and BHN of course won't have it available in their 45/month UHDImax Package until 2060. Verizon will also be laying some new type of ultra fiber as well but it won't be called fiber. It might be called something like FIRE. Call Verizon to see if FIRE is available at your location to enjoy the hottest most burning experience in internet 4.0 and Imax TV service. Local broadcast stations will be upgraded to Imax HD and that transition will take another 25 years because they would want to put 40 HD feeds into the same space instead of the one UHDImax feed.

Funny, veru Funny, now step away from the kool-aid, the doctors will be by shortly to give you your meds.

Any more info about new markets coming online or will be coming online with the H20? Just hadn't seen much of anything since before Christmas with Phoenix (?)

pherrholz said:
I called about the switch to MPEG4 and they cant help me yet cause I have D* Tivo HDTV unit and they said it wont be til 2nd half 2006 til the get the new Mpeg4 HDTV DVR unit out PLUS even though I was told 9 months ago when I got this system there would be zero charge to upgrade and switch to this system...now the story is a $99 upgrade fee...NICE HUH????
$99 is better than $599 (full retail price for the current HD/DVR)

No I was talking about the Mpeg4 HD DVR to replace my current HR10-250 that i have now, and after complaining the $99 fee is now $50 dollars...

pherrholz said:
No I was talking about the Mpeg4 HD DVR to replace my current HR10-250 that i have now, and after complaining the $99 fee is now $50 dollars...

So they're already pre-selling these before they're out? I haven't heard that yet.

-JustBob

pherrholz said:
I'll have to remember to do that as well. I just got my HR10-250 in December.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts