DirecTV Must Really Want to Keep me as a Sub

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I have made several calls to DirecTV over the last month due to various issues. This includes charging me for IE after I canceled it and then refusing to refund what they already charged me (only 1 payment into it), not honoring my free HBO and $25 off with my wireless plan, and ongoing equipment failure.

Every time I call I ask to cancel my service, they end up giving me discounts. I have so many discounts this month, they are paying me to to keep their service. LOL

Attached is my balance. I figure that when I am billed I will end up with about $20 left in credit that will be applied to next month, plus the additional credits they offered for three more months.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: jdlovin and AZ.
LOL....I tried that last season with NFL Sunday Ticket....
The rep was reluctant to let me cancel...
I told the rep....who was nice and not pushy, just doing their job....that I couldn't keep it due to budget constraints...
Then the discounts started rolling in...
Basically got it for free...
Hopefully, DTV will be as generous this year, however, if not, will be happy to cut it loose.
The moral of the story is that unless you ask you don't know what you might receive...
And in many cases, one will walk away with some good discounts.

Reactions: pattykay and AZ.
LOL....I tried that last season with NFL Sunday Ticket....
The rep was reluctant to let me cancel...
I told the rep....who was nice and not pushy, just doing their job....that I couldn't keep it due to budget constraints...
Then the discounts started rolling in...
Basically got it for free...
Hopefully, DTV will be as generous this year, however, if not, will be happy to cut it loose.
The moral of the story is that unless you ask you don't know what you might receive...
And in many cases, one will walk away with some good discounts.
Too complicated for me to do that with DirecTV, but I plan to do this discount thing with SiriusXM when my annual subscription next March. Even if they don't offer discounts and cancel me, I can always resubscribe the next day, but I don't think it will come to that.

Too complicated for me to do that with DirecTV, but I plan to do this discount thing with SiriusXM when my annual subscription next March. Even if they don't offer discounts and cancel me, I can always resubscribe the next day, but I don't think it will come to that.
I've been trying to cancel mu SiriusXM for years ...
Now that I bought a Ford F150, it comes with Sirius XM and 5 years of Travellink.
I guess Ill keep it even though I don't use it all that much.

Just to clarify. That credit was not due to IE. I only made one $28 payment. The other $80 worth of credit were from all of the other credits they gave me each time I called.

Reactions: pattykay
DirecTV is getting closer to losing my household's business, they were promising us a lower bill but our bill keeps getting higher and higher, and at this point, my family is on the brink of heading back to Dish as our Paid TV provider. truth be told, the real reason why my household left Dish was ironically the same reason why we are on the brink of leaving DirecTV, and that's we can't really afford the billing anymore. and maybe if we could, we would just cut the cord and get our TV hooked up to the internet and stream away. i just brought a Roku Express Plus at Walmart for $35 earlier this month and they have a cheaper model which is the Roku Express which only has the HDMI as Roku Express has a jack that looks like a headphone jack that helps plug it in on older TVs and it comes with a special cable with the headphone type plug to plug in to the jack and on the other side the RCA A/V cables to plug into a much older TV.

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they are willing to keep me.

I'm waiting for the HS17 to come out and see if they will upgrade my system (no 4k, and currently have HR44 and two C41). If not I hate to say it, but I'll bundle with Comcast and save a ton. Comcast in Portland OR has just as many HD channels (especially the ones I watch) as DirecTV, plus CSN-NW and Pac-12 Nets.

I'm hoping they are willing to keep me.

I'm waiting for the HS17 to come out and see if they will upgrade my system (no 4k, and currently have HR44 and two C41). If not I hate to say it, but I'll bundle with Comcast and save a ton. Comcast in Portland OR has just as many HD channels (especially the ones I watch) as DirecTV, plus CSN-NW and Pac-12 Nets.
If Comcast has channels you want that Directv doesn't, and can give you a better price, what's keeping you with Directv?

I've been trying to cancel mu SiriusXM for years ...
Now that I bought a Ford F150, it comes with Sirius XM and 5 years of Travellink.
I guess Ill keep it even though I don't use it all that much.
Yeah, I have a SiriusXM Onyx Plus with All Access for my home theater. I'm getting a car soon and plan to eventually have installed a new Sony AM/FM/Bluetooth/CD player radio in my car that is also SiriusXM ready. I'll add another SiriusXM Onyx Plus with All Access for that. But anyways, I enjoy the service too much to actually get rid of it, so I'd only be bluffing to them. I would say that I want to cancel since I hear all the time that they offer discounts when that happens. And like I said I'm prepared to just resubscribe at full price in the next few days if they don't offer anything and just cancel, but that's just me. One show I can't give up is Andrew Wilkow's "The Wilkow Majority".

Yeah, I have a SiriusXM Onyx Plus with All Access for my home theater. I'm getting a car soon and plan to eventually have installed a new Sony AM/FM/Bluetooth/CD player radio in my car that is also SiriusXM ready. I'll add another SiriusXM Onyx Plus with All Access for that. But anyways, I enjoy the service too much to actually get rid of it, so I'd only be bluffing to them. I would say that I want to cancel since I hear all the time that they offer discounts when that happens. And like I said I'm prepared to just resubscribe at full price in the next few days if they don't offer anything and just cancel, but that's just me. One show I can't give up is Andrew Wilkow's "The Wilkow Majority".
Don't ever pay FULL price.

I call in every year and they tell me the regular price, like $500-600 dollars, I tell them they are nuts and the service isn't worth that ....
I suggest they give it to me for what I paid the previous year ... which amounts to about $120 per radio, they usually agree or come very close to that, all the while telling me that I was on a Special Promo last year that can't be done any longer .... then they do.

Don't ever pay FULL price.

I call in every year and they tell me the regular price, like $500-600 dollars, I tell them they are nuts and the service isn't worth that ....
I suggest they give it to me for what I paid the previous year ... which amounts to about $120 per radio, they usually agree or come very close to that, all the while telling me that I was on a Special Promo last year that can't be done any longer .... then they do.
I'll probably do something like that. I'll play that method and keep saying "cancel" until there is a descent price. I simply saying if nothing is offered after playing this a few rounds and that method doesn't work, then I'll call back in a few days and then just resubscribe. I just like Andrew Wilkow, David Webb, the rest of SiriusXM Patriot, 80s on 8, and The Message too much to get rid of it for good.

I just called With my friend to cancel his account. Must have got the dumbest lady in retention. Absolutely nothing was offered to stay, told us the hopper only had 3 tuners and that we are better replacing the (2) hr24's with clients to get more recoding capacity even though he already had a genie.

I just called With my friend to cancel his account. Must have got the dumbest lady in retention. Absolutely nothing was offered to stay, told us the hopper only had 3 tuners and that we are better replacing the (2) hr24's with clients to get more recoding capacity even though he already had a genie.
Yikes ... :eeek

Quality has gone downhill as far as customer service goes.

Now I have even more credit as my $50 off per month for a year always posts the day before the bill is posted.

Capture.PNG

Now I have even more credit as my $50 off per month for a year always posts the day before the bill is posted.

View attachment 126438

It's crazy. Directv wouldn't try to cut me a deal when my contract was up but the minute I cancelled I got calls, mailers and emails out the wazoo. Got a great 2 year deal after 5 months of streaming which I liked very much.

Hey Dodger are you still cycling like you were a few years back?

Here was the actual billed amount after the charges were added this morning.

Keep in mind. I have another $50, $20, $25, and $18 (free HBO credit) discount that will be applied each month for the next three months as well, along with the $8 that carries over each month. This comes out to be $8.50 + the other $8.50 more for each of the previous months. So next month I will have $16 credit carry over. On the third month I will have an addition $25 credit from just the left over credit of the previous three months.

Capture.PNG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)