Directv MVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directvfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Virginia
Here's my situation. I was thinking of upgrading to Directv's Whole Home DVR service. I currently have an HD-DVR, HD receiver, and a standard SD receiver. If I contact Directv and have this service enabled, will they replace my current SD receiver with an HD receiver for free? Also can I hook up an HD receiver to a SD TV with standard Audio/Video cables? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

will they replace my current SD receiver with an HD receiver for free?
no

Also can I hook up an HD receiver to a SD TV with standard Audio/Video cables?
yes. I have my H23 set up that way on a SDTV. I have it set to 480 resolution and it works just fine

if you get an h24 it does not have coax out, just composite and hdmi.
you can use an rf modulator to connect to the sd tv if needed, thats how mine is done

I have two H24's hooked up to my SD TV's with coax....I think. Now I will have to check when I get home.

No way you do. The H24 does not have a coax connection on it. If it is connected to tv's with only a coax connection, then you have modulators hooked up as well, or running thru an old VCR.

If your contract is up or almost up they'll do it...they did it for me.
Here's my situation. I was thinking of upgrading to Directv's Whole Home DVR service. I currently have an HD-DVR, HD receiver, and a standard SD receiver. If I contact Directv and have this service enabled, will they replace my current SD receiver with an HD receiver for free? Also can I hook up an HD receiver to a SD TV with standard Audio/Video cables? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)