DirecTV: Need advice, want Cleveland sports

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bundle360

Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Minnesota
DirecTV: DELETE

Also, if I move will I lose ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX? I don't need the locals of those channels but I don't want to lose them either. I'd be happy with the east coast or west coast feed for those. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't think you'd be happy with the results. You'll most likely lose locals completely, unless you "move" to a zip code that qualifies for the east coast feeds. I don't think there is any pro football on the regional sports channels. You may get "some" baseball and basketball.

Best bet would be to just sub to the sports packages. Only you can decide if it's worth the money..

Well if you do get a receiver with a cleveland address and use it outside cleveland is considered illegal to begin with. But yes, you will be able to see the pro cleveland sports anywhere in the USA as long as the zipcode is from that city. As far as locals from Cleveland, the answer is no due to spot beam directed at that area only.

The only conus locals with DTV are in L.A and N.Y.

I doubt there is a zip code that would qualify for the Cleveland area sports, but not the locals. My guess is what you're looking for is not possible.

Just order the related sports packages, MLB, NFL Sunday ticket, etc...

You could always "move" to Cleveland, then attach an AM-21 OTA receiver to your D* receiver for the MSP OTA stations.

I don't need the Cleveland OTA but I do need ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. I don't care if they are the east coast or West coast feeds. How can I do that? Do I need to move to an address that would get both? If so, anyone have one I can use? PM me if you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts