Directv New Customer Installation When you already own 1 Directv HD Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

henryachilles

Original poster
May 3, 2004
Hello,

I was debating what satellite TV service to get a was pretty much settled on Dish Network but a friend just gave me a working Hughes Hird-e86 Platinum HD receiver without an access card( which is know is worth like $400 new the last i seen) and I'm currently receiving OTA broadcasts in HD with it and they look great and thus hearing all the probs with the dish 811 receiver figured Id activate DirecTV service since there receiver works great and not HD reception problems just perfect, steady not pixelized over the air picture. It tuned every local digital channel available with just a minimal on the roof antenna adjustment.

However, if I use DirecTV how do I get my free working Platinum HD receiver on the service and still get two other free standard receivers all installed for free? And what exactly would be my fees if I installed it and didn't have a phone line? I know theres a $4.95 fee if all boxes are connected to a phone but do they really charge you full subscription price for the other receivers or just charge you the $4.95 if you don't hook them into a phone line since I use my cell for everything and don't have a phone line? And since there aren't many HD channels right now could I get with just the total choice programming to save a few bucks rather than getting the HD pack? Finally would they let me pay for the years service all at once?

- Henry

I can send you a new DIRECTV access card, and up to 2 additional basic receivers and the 18x20 dish with all 3 receivers installed at no charge. Of course, you will need to agree to a 1 yr. DIRECTV programming commitment.

Happy holidays!

-Robert

Thanks Andrew, you are correct, as usual, might I add. All bets are off if you activate DIRECTV service.

We get paid from DIRECTV for activating service under our dealer name, so I have some funds available to help with almost anything that can help a customer. So supplying an extra access and paying the satellite technician to install and set up a customer's supplied additional set top box and upgrading the dish to the 18x20 triple LNB dish can usually be taken care of from my budget.

Happy holidays!

-Robert

Robert,

Finding this thread about this subject as I'm reading up about installing a dish. I've got 2 Sony HD-200 receivers (w/ unused cards) for my HD TVs. When I went over to BB here in NJ before Christmas, I asked then about getting setup and an install, but did not need the receivers as I already have them. They were confused by this request, and suggested that I buy the dish and install it myself as I already had the units and could not get in any of the deals. I don't mind doing that, but if I don't have to climb up on a snowy roof ...... Is this do-able or do I need to get out my cleats?

Jack

Jack,

Please call me for a free dish, 2 new access cards and free professional installation.

Happy holidays!

Stay safe, let the professional satellite technicians take care of the installation for you.

-Robert

PS, You will need to agree to a 1 yr. DIRECTV programming commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)