DirecTV new website configuration!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Man, it looks great, I went and logged into my account after a week, and it looks great, they did some nice upgrades, its easier to get around too.
Props to direcTV on doing a great job on their website.

Overall their website is 10/10 for online interactivity

Here are some screen shots:

Attachments

• SS3.JPG
    SS3.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 195
  • SS4.JPG
    SS4.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 192
  • SS5.JPG
    SS5.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 165
  • SS6.JPG
    SS6.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 176
  • SS1.JPG
    SS1.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 126
  • SS2.JPG
    SS2.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
They spent a lot of money on the website too, it looks like.

I like the fact that with the D* website you are able to actually CHANGE (not just add to) your programming, instead of having to spend 15 minutes on the phone with India.

I really like that the equipment section now shows the models, serial numbers, access cards, etc. Much easier than firing up system info if you're on the phone to support or something.

The new system allows you to see much more about your account and configuration that the old.

I like how they show the promo rates for things like premiums, protection pack, etc.

Very Nice!

Did they tell you they were in India?.

I have called D* to complain about all of these CSR's that have terrible English that I cannot understand. I outright asked them if they have CSR's that take our calls in India. They told me they do for overflow (and because it's cheaper). If they receive a lot of calls, to keep customers from being on hold for long periods of time, customer calls will get forwarded to CSR's in India. But D* tells me they are hooked up to their computers and can do anything any CSR in the USA can do. But he laughed and understood my frustration having to speak to them.

D* is not the only company to use CSR's in other countries. Dish uses them in India as well. Also, Charter Cable uses India AND Canada. I'm sure there are many more.

Her are statements from Directv employees.

DirecTV has four or five call centers in the Philippines, one in Mexico (for Spanish speaking customers, I believe), and I've heard of one in the Dominican Republic. All the rest are in the US, and DirecTV owns the ones in Idaho, Alabama, Denver and Montana as well as one of the Oklahoma call centers (the other one I'm familiar with is run by Convergys). In fact, both DirecTV and Dish Network have call centers in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for Directv (Alabama- corporate center) and I have never heard of 1 in India

Unfortunately, just because the call center is located stateside doesn't mean that the people that they hire don't come from other countries to fill the jobs. I interact with a company that is located 40 miles from me and I often get CSRs with heavy accents. I find the ones from the bible belt to be among the worst accent-wise.

I like the fact that with the D* website you are able to actually CHANGE (not just add to) your programming, instead of having to spend 15 minutes on the phone with India.

Sorry, this was actually meant to be a jab at my current satellite provider, Dish Network. Making any kind of non-upgrade change to your programming is an unnecessary PITA.

I like DirecTV's new website also.It can be confusing when you first use it.But I like it's got a picture of my R15 on there for my receiver.Also like all the different colors like for your programming packages.Pretty kewl.:cool:

Very much, its very easy, they spent a lot of money to make it this easy so its user friendly for everyone.

Under Current Setup it doesn't list everything.

I get DNS and it only lists NBC as $0.00 because of the DNS package. Why not list the other three as well? That did answer a question I had. And that was whether I could drop the SD DNS service and keep the HD ones. That implies NO!

I do like the new site. :)

Except for the TV Listings. You can't modify it very much.

Under Current Setup it doesn't list everything.

I get DNS and it only lists NBC as $0.00 because of the DNS package. Why not list the other three as well? That did answer a question I had. And that was whether I could drop the SD DNS service and keep the HD ones. That implies NO!

I do like the new site. :)

Except for the TV Listings. You can't modify it very much.

I am sure DirecTV's techs are working with the listings...hopefully can make it better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)