Directv Newbie needs HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StrictlyGolden

Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Denver, CO
Hello everyone. This is my first post at Satellite Guys after being a Dish customer for the last five years.

However, yesterday I canceled Dish and had Direct installed today with their Premiere package and Sunday Ticket. I'm super hyped up, but I have one issue I'm hoping some of the seasoned Direct vets can help me with.

I had three boxes installed at my house. One HD DVR, one HD receiver and a standard receiver. However, I want to replace the standard ASAP with a DVR. Before I shelled out the $100 for a box from Direct, I figured I'd do some checking around first.

The box is replacing a dual tuner, 120 hour DVR from Dish. (The 625) I really did like this option for the 3rd TV and would like a comparable DVR. Any suggestions from this board on a Direct, dual-tuner, 100+ hour DVR solution or is the better option just to buy the box straight from Direct?

Also, the less expensive I can get by, the better.

Thanks for any suggestions. Hyped to leave work to go play with the new toys.

Last edited:
Exactly what model receivers/DVRs did you have installed?

Anyway, the HR22, HR23 or HR24 DVRs all can record 100 hours of HD programming.
They are all dual tuner. An external eSATA drive can be used to replace the internal drive to obtain higher capacities if needed.

I should add....

This is for a SD TV. Capacity does not have to be huge... just big enough to hold around 100 hours of SD.

Also, the $100 solution straight from the company is the fall back position, so ideally I'd like to find a solution for less than that.

Other systems are acceptable as well, i.e. Tivo or another 3rd party DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)