Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Here is the 1 month Trial code since the 7 days trial is laughable and pity: RULESFREE6

Just enter that code in the promotion section when signing up for it and you should be good to go, not sure how long this is promo will last, but I used it yesterday and it worked.
I signed up with the most channel package since why not, testing my new Amazon Fire Stick with it and it works just fine.

I've been a Now subscriber from day one & can tell you, after almost 6 months it's barely ready for prime time. It has improved significantly since those disastrous early days but still has a few buffering & guide issues. I'm on that lifetime $35 for over 100 channels deal & I think that's all its worth right now, certainly not the $60 regular price.

It continues to improve so as long as I am getting this discount and the channels I'll stick with it. With the continued nice mix of channels I get in this package & the advent of some form of dvr service in the future, they will keep me, but not if I have to pay the regular price. At the regular price, I feel regular Directv is a better option.

Sent from my SM-N910T using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Also you can cancel your subscription immediately so it won't renew after your trial ends incase you forget to cancel it.

I've been a Now subscriber from day one & can tell you, after almost 6 months it's barely ready for prime time. It has improved significantly since those disastrous early days but still has a few buffering & guide issues. I'm on that lifetime $35 for over 100 channels deal & I think that's all its worth right now, certainly not the $60 regular price.

It continues to improve so as long as I am getting this discount and the channels I'll stick with it. With the continued nice mix of channels I get in this package & the advent of some form of dvr service in the future, they will keep me, but not if I have to pay the regular price. At the regular price, I feel regular Directv is a better option.

Sent from my SM-N910T using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Yeah, I tried on the stick it's not bad, the only issue I have with the directv service is when changing one channel to another it takes a bit to buffer, I tried both wired and wireless and the same issue, when I tried psvue the channel switching was much quicker.
Yeah the $35 deal was really good and even better with the wireless $25 deal where you would be paying only $10 for 100 channels, can't beat that. On top of that free HBO for wireless customers.

I agree the service is very behind, DVR these days is a must, I am not sure what they were thinking when they released this when services like Sling and PSVue were already out, maybe a panic moment for Directv and they wanted to released it asap to retain customers under their umbrella instead of seeing them go to other competitors.

Also They really need to make the guide better, when clicking guide it by default takes you to the channel name instead of highlighting the programs that are on now, so that's an extra step for a user to change channels quickly.

Reactions: dalyew
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)