DIRECTV NOW Launching in November!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When did you last check? I rarely watch mobile, but a few months ago they removed alot of the mobile viewing restrictions. I still see it on a few checking now, but I would say 90% are free to watch on the go.
Just a few days ago. I signed up for the free trial and while I was out and about I installed the app on my phone. Most of the channels were restricted to watching only at home, so I canceled the next day. I just wish Sling would get locals for Springfield, MO. I only ever watched sports on Directv and Dish, so Sling is perfect for me.

I've been keeping up with this since it was announced back in the spring. This site is the only place that as been able to get firm dates and good reliable info. Even with recent interviews with several AT&T bigwigs couldn't give us the info we got yesterday. Many questions still remain but kudos to Scott again!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: nvguy38
Our DIRECTV info has been SPOT ON for almost the last 3 years, this is something I am VERY proud of. If you have been following us you will notice that while we have been correct in what we have said you will notice other sites will not post the news....

Why?

Oh I have lots of guesses...

BTW DIRECTV Now will be $35 a month. :)

A good working interface will be a must for me more than a cloud based dvr. Would be nice to have both.

Comcast offered CSN Philly to both Dish and Direct almost 3 years ago.. The FCC ordered it. They balked at the price and Comcast offered arbitration but they said no. I read an article at the time where a Dish rep said they didn't feel they would get enough new customers to justify the price of adding CSN Philly. I contacted the Phillies at the time to complain about the situation and they verified that Comcast offered CSN Philly to the sats around the time of the new Phillies contract with CSN and both Dish and Direct refused to add the channel. I can even understand their argument for not adding it but did not agree with it. Direct/Dish lowest subscriber numbers are in the market where CSN Philly is the RSN. Its true that at one time CSN Philly would not sell to Dish/Direct but that excuse is long gone. The blame is directly on them now and if they don't have CSN Philly on this new DTVNow service then yes they are engaged in a childish feud.

Washington, D.C. (January 27, 2014) - DIRECTV and Dish have rejected arbitration hearings to settle their differences with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, which the satcasters have never carried, according to the Philadelphia Phillies, as reported in Sunday's Philadelphia Inquirer.

The absence of the popular Philadelphia-based regional sports channel on the nation's top two satellite TV services has been a recurring controversy for roughly a decade. And it's likely to become a larger one this spring when the channel's coverage of the Phillies jumps from 120 regular season games to 140 games because of a new $2.5 billion deal Comcast has signed with the baseball team.

Comcast once used a loophole in FCC regulations allowing it to refuse to offer the channel to DIRECTV and Dish. The cable operator, which is based in Philadelphia, enjoyed a competitive advantage there over its satellite rivals because it could carry the channel while they could not. But the FCC closed the loophole in 2010, supposedly clearing the way for DIRECTV and Dish to add SportsNet Philadelphia.

But over the past three plus years, the channel has remained off the satellite airwaves and money seems to be the reason. In the Enquirer article, Bonnie Clark, the Phillies' vice president of communications (the Phils are now 25 percent owner of the channel) says Comcast Sports Net offered both DIRECTV and Dish 'baseball-style' arbitration to arrive at a carriage fee that all sides would support.

"Comcast SportsNet has offered the channel to both DIRECTV and Dish Network," she told the newspaper. "In fact, Comcast SportsNet has offered to go to arbitration with both of the satellite services with the hope that they will sign on soon to give Phillies fans the opportunity to tune in regardless of their service provider."

If Dish and DIRECTV agreed to arbitration, they could conceivably begin carrying the channel before the Phillies' 2014 opening day.

Asked for a response on Sunday, DIRECTV spokesman Robert Mercer told TVPredictions.com that the company would decline to comment. E-mails to two different Dish spokespeople have not been responded to as of Monday morning.
First of all, seeing Directv Now is owned by Directv and Directv doesn't have that channel, why would Anyone expect them to carry it ?

2nd. You said that D and Dish are able to get ghetto channel. That's true, however they were offered the channel at nearly double what they are giving it to others .... would you buy it for twice the money ?
I WOULDN'T.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
A good working interface will be a must for me more than a cloud based dvr. Would be nice to have both.

Yeah, as I eval what I have now setup wise, I am noticing even a cloud based DVR is not important. I think I can do all I want and just need something for live tv like ESPN and HGTV.

No kidding. This will be interesting

Yep. I can see just trying both and evaluating for a few weeks. The cost is so low, go with the one that works for you.

My keys are live tv usage (channels we watch live like DIY, all the ESPNs including SEC, and a few others), Ive kinda ruled out the need for a cloud DVR, granted it would be nice. Other than that, whomever has the best feed and price is who I will go with. Since I like premiums, Ill prob just use HBO's standalone deal, and I can get Starz and Showtime for $10/each Amazon prime. Not sure why Max tied themselves to Sling only...

The number of streams at one time will be key. If it is only one, then I doubt this would work for me. If it is 3 or so, then this will be a serious competitor for Vue.

I have no interest in going back to watching TV without a DVR. That leaves Vue only for me at this point if I leave D*

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
Would be VERY interested in DirecTV content without the HD fee, the DVR fee, the additional receiver fee . . .

So would I. If I could just pay my Select price without the other BS, I'd stick for a long time. Love the picture, love the system. Hate the fees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts