DirecTV Now Price Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reactions: MikeD-C05
I guess my question would be, how long do the sports networks, such as NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, those channels, stay with the current subscribers?

Well, we have an answer. NFL Network is gone when the contract expires which I assume is pretty soon. Okay, might try YouTube and Hulu Live.

I don't blame you. The great thing about streaming services is no contract. Cancel anytime. No boxes or installation.
I like Vue and that was my first streaming service and I used them during football season. They are a possibility but I might try a few others first

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

So after only about six months of dropping popular channels and legacy packages and jacking up prices, another significant price increase is in the works for AT&T Now (formerly DirecTV Now), according to The Streamable:
While AT&T won’t confirm the exact prices, the PLUS plan is expected to increase to $65 (from $50), while the MAX plan will increase to $85 (from $70).

All the legacy plans are going up too again (by $10).

Why AT&T doesn't just shelve the service entirely at this point, I'll never understand.

Reactions: osu1991 and Gobucks
So after only about six months of dropping popular channels and legacy packages and jacking up prices, another significant price increase is in the works for AT&T Now (formerly DirecTV Now), according to The Streamable:
While AT&T won’t confirm the exact prices, the PLUS plan is expected to increase to $65 (from $50), while the MAX plan will increase to $85 (from $70).

All the legacy plans are going up too again (by $10).

Why AT&T doesn't just shelve the service entirely at this point, I'll never understand.

So glad I switched to YouTube TV.

I honestly believe AT&T is doing this to curb cord cutting. So news sources can say..... See it's not worth it.

Hell people here that are anti streaming say it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

What AT&T is doing with their OTT live TV service is turning me off their other services. The AT&T Fiber sales reps knock on my door every few weeks trying to get me to switch, but even if I wasn't on a good two-year promo deal with my cable company, I don't know if I trust AT&T enough to go with them for internet, even for a great promo rate.

Reactions: Gobucks
From appearances it does seem that ATT doesn’t want to succeed in streaming services. Even at the current prices I thought they were overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

From appearances it does seem that ATT doesn’t want to succeed in streaming services.
I don't agree. I suspect AT&T is blissfully unaware of what's going on in the marketplace in terms of pricing and packaging and they plan to stick to their business plan no matter what.

It appears that they've largely put their technology development efforts for Uverse and DIRECTV on hold and that may take a while to restart if they're having second thoughts about an OTT future.

Reactions: navychop
I'm sure they are fully aware of what is going on in the market. That doesn't mean they care about the outcome, but make no mistake, they know who their competition is and what they are doing.
That assumes facts not in evidence! High prices with lots of channels isn't the wave of the future IMO. In fact, those are the two things driving the cut the cord movement.

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk

That assumes facts not in evidence! High prices with lots of channels isn't the wave of the future IMO. In fact, those are the two things driving the cut the cord movement.

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk

I didn't say it is a smart decision on their part- but how could a multi-billion dollar national operation be completely oblivious to what their competition is doing? Surely their employees watch TV?

Reactions: Zookster
I didn't say it is a smart decision on their part- but how could a multi-billion dollar national operation be completely oblivious to what their competition is doing? Surely their employees watch TV?

A company like AT&T would have hundreds if not thousands of employees in marketing whose sole function is to run numbers, conduct focus groups, monitor competitors and what the media is saying about them, etc.

I don’t think they are oblivious, but I do think they are convinced that lots of channels for lots of money is viable solution going forward. May turn out they are right but the current tea leaves don’t show that.

If they are right then the whole cut the cord movement has to be wrong as it is about skinnier bundles of channels for fewer dollars.

I said early on that streaming is only cheaper if you are willing to accept less in programming selection. I stand by that as it is true. The only real kink in the wringer with that is for those that are not adverse to ads. There is tons of free, ad-supported streaming video sources out there. Oddly enough their mix of good and bad is no better or worse than the pay streaming services.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What AT&T is doing with their OTT live TV service is turning me off their other services. The AT&T Fiber sales reps knock on my door every few weeks trying to get me to switch, but even if I wasn't on a good two-year promo deal with my cable company, I don't know if I trust AT&T enough to go with them for internet, even for a great promo rate.
One has NOTHING to do with the other, price wise.

If you can get the Fiber, you'll be a happy camper.

The Streaming service, I wouldn't touch.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)