DirecTV ome Network Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Charbear1

Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Florida

Maybe a dumb question but here it goes and I hope someone can help. I have two HD DRV HR24's. I have a DSL Modem, a Wireless Router, Desktop, laptops, etc. I have one of the HR24's hardwired to the Wireless Router. The other HR-24 is in a different location and cannot be hardwired. How can I make it part of a home network/DirecTV home network. I have another Wireless Router. Can I use that...maybe configure it as a wireless access point? I configured it per the Router website and connected the second router via Ethernet to the second HR-24. This HR-24 said it was connected via ethernet but that I had no internet access.

Anyone know if I configure this second Wireless Router as an Access Point, can I plug something like an HR24 into it and get internet access to the HR24 so I can do "on-demand" and also DirecTV home connect?

Last edited:
Obviously you don't have Whole Home DVR, because your internet connection to your HR24 would have killed that. Looking at what you have I would suggest ordering the D* Wireless Cinema Connection kit. D* sells it for $25 plus shipping. It is an easy self-install, just follow the instructions that come with the kit. This gives you want you want and will also give you the option to add MRV to your system in the future if you want to. It takes some looking on the D* website but search for Wireless Cinema Connection kit and select the purchase option. I think you will find this the best alternative available.

Thanks Bob. I thought that might be the way to go but I still need to learn about the wireless access point and what, if anything, I can do with the other Wireless Router. I also have a game system I'd like to hook up to the internet in the same room and I'm hoping the other Wireless Router may help me do so.

Charbear1,
You have the right page, you just selected the wrong kit. Select the one in the middle (Cinema Connection Kit, Self Installation). That is the wireless one. You have to add it to your cart to see the actual price, but it is $25 for the wireless unit and $6 for shipping. I just checked it out and these prices are still in play.
Bob

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)