Directv packages

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
I am helping my girlfriend with her Directv packages. I have dish with Absolute so I use her Tv for other things like Sports.

Her package now is Choice Extra Plus 200+ HD and DVR is included. I see there doing Free HD for life also. But when I go to packages to compare I see the same package for $63.99 and it has the 210+ next to it and no mention of HD or DVR. Whats the best way to lower her bill?

Also she her credit for $20 bucks for 6 months ends this Month.

S

53 views and nobody can tell me the differance in the 2 packages and if I should change it, I dont wanna mess her account up. Just looking to get red ZONE channel and why does it show the same package cheaper?

You'll need to get the Sunday Ticket to get the NFL Redzone.

I am helping my girlfriend with her Directv packages. I have dish with Absolute so I use her Tv for other things like Sports.

Her package now is Choice Extra Plus 200+ HD and DVR is included. I see there doing Free HD for life also. But when I go to packages to compare I see the same package for $63.99 and it has the 210+ next to it and no mention of HD or DVR. Whats the best way to lower her bill?

Also she her credit for $20 bucks for 6 months ends this Month.

S

I would call into Direct TV and ask what they can do to lower her bill. I believe the packages have the same channels, the website just hasn't been updated with the correct numbers. Give them a call and you might be able to get some additional credits added to her account. Just ask for the promotions department.

1-800-531-5000

As was said your best bet it is to call into DirecTV see what they can offer when you explain you're looking to cust costs. As for the Red Zone channel that's a different story, currently DirecTV CSR's don't see it as an add on option only those in Retention can offer it, if you're really looking for it call into the # listed above and say "Cancel" that should take you to the correct dept, tell them you're looking to cust your costs but also want to see about adding RZC. If you tell them about your Dish contract as well that may be the key.

Ok thanks I thought if I either A. got the sports package I could get redzone or B. have to go get Sunday ticket to get it only. Now like I said its wierd that I see her pay $79.99 for choice plus Extra and on the same page it shows as $63.99 makes no sense why. I do see that the 79 version has DVR and HD included but the other ones does not. Was wondering what the DVR fee for direct is and or how to go about geting the HD for free

The DVR is $7 a month regardless of how many DVR's you have
I think the "HD free" thing is only on premier package but you can call and ask them since she has Choice +
Choice + "normal" pricing (no rebates) is 63.99

Ok thanks I thought if I either A. got the sports package I could get redzone or B. have to go get Sunday ticket to get it only. Now like I said its wierd that I see her pay $79.99 for choice plus Extra and on the same page it shows as $63.99 makes no sense why. I do see that the 79 version has DVR and HD included but the other ones does not. Was wondering what the DVR fee for direct is and or how to go about geting the HD for free

The DVR is $7 a month regardless of how many DVR's you have
I think the "HD free" thing is only on premier package but you can call and ask them since she has Choice +
Choice + "normal" pricing (no rebates) is 63.99

Yes, it looks like the $ 79 is the combined package, the programming $ 63 + DVR function $7 + the HD fee $10, so what they have done is put it all in one package instead of charging seperate fees, so your not getting charged any extra, but you may want to inquire on the extra channels that you mentioned.

As for the Red Zone channel, good luck with that, your suppose to have the Sunday Ticket to get it.
Some have been able to get it as a stand alone, somehow, I think it's given if you've had the ST prior.

Ok to get free HD for like you have to have Choice Ultimate or Premier packages to qualify

Status
Please reply by conversation.