DirecTV patrolling their forums

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm a TechKnow guide over at the DirecTV forum and we don't have the ability to remove posts, we are not "moderators". None of the TechKnow guides work for DirecTV. DirecTV themselves review/moderate the forum; it's clearly stated to be a technical help forum not a general DirecTV forum, although DirecTV seems fairly liberal in its interpretation of technical help. They do allow some non-technical "frustration"-type posts. But if you want to sound off about problems you have with DirecTV on service pricing, "deals", customer service issues and so on, you can e-mail or write DirecTV. Or post at satelliteguys, many people from DirecTV read the forums.
Do you think that at some near time customers will decrease their programming in response? I couls envision 100 people saying to D* to drop some of their programming because the are not forthcoming on the HD problem. They might comment then. But, no one believes it is a minor glitch, do they? As for me, they have a 2 yr window just as Dish did. Then it ends. Cable baby no more of the empty promises. month to month, Internet, no phone. Seriously what is the value of the frustration? Go with the flow for a reasonable amount of time.

What ? Again what is it you are saying?

Anyway, satellite transmission techs and board moderators ARE NOT one in the same. Are you kidding? Do you know what you are saying?

I think he's just frustrated like everyone else because Directv reps opened there mouth about a date, Directv have been advertising for the last gazillion years about a launch, and have failed to deliver so far.

So someone dropped the ball. Fumble. You can't do anything about it, I can't do anything about it. So its a sit and wait game. Nobody likes that.

I don't know much about the people that opened there mouths and cited September 19th as the launch date. I can only assume there sitting in a broad room, cubicles all around, and are reading off a teleprompter (or computer) for 8 hours a day. Some probably don't even subscribe to Directv which doesn't create great knowledge when questions arise about plans, problems, etc. I think you have to bypass at least 2 people on the phone in order to talk to the Vet Techs that are in the know.

Well I am A Voom droppie. In other words all I've had is OTA HD since Voom ceased operations. No satellite at all since. Just OTA HD and Blockbuster DVD's. I have been sitting back and watching this DTV HD thing for a long time. I want satellite HD again. I told myself that I would give D until October 1 to have the new channels up and looking good. If not then E would get my money. I'm not upset at all. I'm just going to give my money to the company that has what I want on Oct 1.
Besides next year it's Verizon FIOS anyway. Now that I can't wait for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)