Directv Phase III dish (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

m99037

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 8, 2008
I have a HR20-100S in my RV. I have been using Phase III dish with a non HD TV. I just installed a new HD TV but I don't get any HD. I have talked to
Directv twice and they said this dish and receiver should work for HD. I don't even see any HD channels in the guide. I have checked on the Internet and Everyone has a different opinion. Is their anyone that has the correct answer?

Marty

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The Phase III wont get HD...period

You need a slimline dish to get HD. slimline sees 99 & 103 which is where 99.8% of the HD is (there is one Spanish channel in HD on 119)

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
m99037, the setup dfergie is talking about works, but it's a little tricky to get working from the beginning. I think you would be better off getting a Slimline dish.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
m99037, the setup dfergie is talking about works, but it's a little tricky to get working from the beginning. I think you would be better off getting a Slimline dish.
Depends on how long he stays in one place, if he is "snow birding" Slimline, but frequent moving around a Slimline is a real pain to set up (and pack around). :)

m99037

Feb 8, 2008
I plan on staying in one place about 2 months. The setup is not a problem for me but a dish that can take strong wind and portable is. Any ideas on models? Does the slimline 3 receive
all channels?

Thanks for the replies, Marty

m99037

Feb 8, 2008
I will be at laughing Arizona for about 2 months and the the Snake river in Washington for the summer. I have always use a tripod, but I think will need a heavy duty one.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Just go with the Slimline 3/5 setting it up is not that big of a deal, once you do it a few times.
Usually have it set up in about 15 minutes from the time I take it out of the Moterhome.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts