Directv Phase III dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

m99037

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I have a HR20-100S in my RV. I have been using Phase III dish with a non HD TV. I just installed a new HD TV but I don't get any HD. I have talked to
Directv twice and they said this dish and receiver should work for HD. I don't even see any HD channels in the guide. I have checked on the Internet and Everyone has a different opinion. Is their anyone that has the correct answer?

Marty

The Phase III wont get HD...period

You need a slimline dish to get HD. slimline sees 99 & 103 which is where 99.8% of the HD is (there is one Spanish channel in HD on 119)

m99037, the setup dfergie is talking about works, but it's a little tricky to get working from the beginning. I think you would be better off getting a Slimline dish.

m99037, the setup dfergie is talking about works, but it's a little tricky to get working from the beginning. I think you would be better off getting a Slimline dish.
Depends on how long he stays in one place, if he is "snow birding" Slimline, but frequent moving around a Slimline is a real pain to set up (and pack around). :)

I plan on staying in one place about 2 months. The setup is not a problem for me but a dish that can take strong wind and portable is. Any ideas on models? Does the slimline 3 receive
all channels?

Thanks for the replies, Marty

I will be at laughing Arizona for about 2 months and the the Snake river in Washington for the summer. I have always use a tripod, but I think will need a heavy duty one.

Just go with the Slimline 3/5 setting it up is not that big of a deal, once you do it a few times.
Usually have it set up in about 15 minutes from the time I take it out of the Moterhome.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)