Directv Picture Quality Email Address?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Does Directv have a picture quality email address as Dish??

The judder on Tennis Channel HD is driving me crazy. I have seen several post on the Internet that are seeing the same issue. Has been a problem for a few weeks. I do not want to call the standard number because I know the csr will try to convince me it is in my setup and or receivers.

Stonecold. Maybe you can guide me in the right direction. I just want to make sure they are aware of the problem.

Does Directv have a picture quality email address as Dish??

The judder on Tennis Channel HD is driving me crazy. I have seen several post on the Internet that are seeing the same issue. Has been a problem for a few weeks. I do not want to call the standard number because I know the csr will try to convince me it is in my setup and or receivers.

Stonecold. Maybe you can guide me in the right direction. I just want to make sure they are aware of the problem.

I dont know of one but first time it ever come up when I get into the office today I will look it up see if we have one listed.

I don't know of an email but we do have an escalation that an agent can submit for you. You're right that the agent may want to verify there aren't other problems so they don't get in trouble for failing to troubleshoot though. It takes a bit to get all the info because the engineering team wants to know everything from what's the weather to what kind of tv you're using, but it's the best way to get the info to the right people.

If you want to submit the ticket, I'd advise when the agent asks what can they help with, say "I want to escalate poor picture quality on 1 channel only that has been ongoing for a while". Maybe you'll get an agent who will skip the troubleshooting and just escalate it.

I don't know of an email but we do have an escalation that an agent can submit for you. You're right that the agent may want to verify there aren't other problems so they don't get in trouble for failing to troubleshoot though. It takes a bit to get all the info because the engineering team wants to know everything from what's the weather to what kind of tv you're using, but it's the best way to get the info to the right people.

If you want to submit the ticket, I'd advise when the agent asks what can they help with, say "I want to escalate poor picture quality on 1 channel only that has been ongoing for a while". Maybe you'll get an agent who will skip the troubleshooting and just escalate it.

Yeah but you know just as well as I do, in that escalation it ask for steps you taken to resolve the issue. Engineering gets pissy when you dont fill that part out . you dont know how many times I had to call customers back and trouble shoot with them as one of my agents submitted the escalation and did not troubleshoot.

Very true about that question, stone. If this was my call and cust refused to troubleshoot then that would be my answer. "All other channels working, refused to troubleshoot further". We can't force them to troubleshoot and because of that it may not go anywhere, but if they get multiple complaints of the same channel then they'll know there's a problem at least. Usually I was able to get them to at least let me know if there were possible dish obstructions, check the signal strength, check a couple other channels.

And I will back you 100% on all the bad escalations that have to get fixed. It's no fun.

Very true about that question, stone. If this was my call and cust refused to troubleshoot then that would be my answer. "All other channels working, refused to troubleshoot further". We can't force them to troubleshoot and because of that it may not go anywhere, but if they get multiple complaints of the same channel then they'll know there's a problem at least. Usually I was able to get them to at least let me know if there were possible dish obstructions, check the signal strength, check a couple other channels.

And I will back you 100% on all the bad escalations that have to get fixed. It's no fun.

To be honest you can get away with saying customer refuses to ts further etc. and generally it deemed acceptable but engineering sees alot of escalations from the same agents that are always saying customer refuse to ts further, that when they start sending me email saying please pull these calls and listen to them. That is why I proof read them, and a few of my agents while not tech needed to at least followed the basic ts steps in our "reference" system.

I got a email back there is no email for PQ concerns so basically only thing we can do is have customers call in and then we escalate.

Don't Directv's headend engineering monitor all the channels on a daily basis? That would only make sense. Or are they like my old cable company or NPS, shine it on till it goes out completely :eek:. That was one thing I used to love about getting the master feeds on C band. If there was an issue they had to fix it ASAP. Since they were feeding every cable company in the U.S. Guess there will never be anything like the getting the master feeds were. When you have to rely on a middleman to provide you with service something is bound to go wrong :(

Last edited:
are we talking about the horrible quality of hbo hd? all my other hd is great, but hbo...yuk.

Actually there talking about the Tennis Channel. But I think this would be a good place to post all issues that may be happening on Directs end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)