is this possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

belawrence

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Santee, CA
Is there any way to set up D* service, using new equipment purchased online, installed by the homeowner, and not needing to sign a two-year contract?

You can set it all up, but the commitment comes when you actually ACTIVATE the service.

If D* sets it up the correct dish and multiswitches are supplied, with out, you buy them, same for the dish.

Not sure why you would even want to. The new customer discounts will more more than make up for your equipment costs and any ETF if you left early.

The person I'm attempting to do this for absolutely doesn't sign long term contracts for anything - cellphone service, home alarm system, nothing.

I can do it for him but tell him it going to be about 2k 2.3k for 2 rooms plus install

1k in install plus 500 for supplies , then activation fees, setup fees and 200 - 800 dollar fee based on the fact were not running his credit. It all adds up.

2 years i not long term.

Install is basically done - I installed/peaked/grounded 3 lnb SWM dish and ran cable to rooms where needed. I work for a company that, among other things, does D*/E* commercial installs.

I can do it for him but tell him it going to be about 2k 2.3k for 2 rooms plus install

1k in install plus 500 for supplies , then activation fees, setup fees and 200 - 800 dollar fee based on the fact were not running his credit. It all adds up.

2 years i not long term.

LOL; if you don't mind the potential pro-rated $480 ETF, there is no long term contract to worry about. I think that's part of what SC was implying?

LOL; if you don't mind the potential pro-rated $480 ETF, there is no long term contract to worry about. I think that's part of what SC was implying?

by time I got my aunt's account created I was close to 2k in the hole it would of been cheaper for me to have just activated leased eqiupment and 2 days later canceled service to trigger the ecf and paid that an brought the account back to active.

The person I'm attempting to do this for absolutely doesn't sign long term contracts for anything - cellphone service, home alarm system, nothing.

Then he should stick with cable, no commitment there. Dish and Directv both have it unless you spend a small fortune on owned equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)