Directv picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kacato

Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Just got Directv installed and notice side by side cable has better digital and high definition picture quality. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. All my signal strengths are 98 or above. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Keith

Just a note. I've got a Pioneer 5070HD. The standard analog cable stations were not good looking so I got Directv to have all standard stations in digital format to look better on the pioneer plasma 5070HD, but like i said the Hd and other digital don't look as good. unfortunately I didn't find this forum until after install.
Thanks for the replies,
Keith

Last edited:
Stick with cable!

I concur. If you say that you put cable next to d* and your happier with cable why switch?

If I say "oh, D* is much better." that doesnt change what your eyes are telling you.

So get out of your contract, send back the receivers and enjoy cable.

Just got Directv installed and notice side by side cable has better digital and high definition picture quality. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. All my signal strengths are 98 or above. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Keith

I'm sorry, but if you have actually read any variety of opinions on boards like these you should know that directv rarely beats anyone when it comes to digital and hd picture quality. Another victim of directv's advertising I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Keith

I've got both. Comcast (for TV and internet), and a DirecTV set up for NFL Sunday Ticket. The PQ is simply better on Comcast than on DirecTV, at least in my particular location. I can't imagine switching.

In DirecTV's defense, I've heard that the addition of new satellites will allow them to compress channels less than they do now .... and maybe that will result in improved PQ.

Jeff

I'm sorry, but if you have actually read any variety of opinions on boards like these you should know that directv rarely beats anyone when it comes to digital and hd picture quality. Another victim of directv's advertising I'm afraid.

Not in my neck of the woods, Time Warner/Insight/WOW, all three not as good here in Columbus as D*. I think it is fair to say that it depends on where you are. But thank's questioner for your comments, oh, but you for some reason have D*, hmmmm, strange indeed.

Not in my neck of the woods, Time Warner/Insight/WOW, all three not as good here in Columbus as D*. I think it is fair to say that it depends on where you are. But thank's questioner for your comments, oh, but you for some reason have D*, hmmmm, strange indeed.

Are you talking about digital cable and hd channels or do they still have some analog?

I concur. If you say that you put cable next to d* and your happier with cable why switch?

If I say "oh, D* is much better." that doesnt change what your eyes are telling you.

So get out of your contract, send back the receivers and enjoy cable.
I switched to get better quality standard analog stations for my Pioneer 5070Hd and cable company was switching from time warner to comcast and i had heard nothing good about Comcast customer service.
Thanks for your reply,
keith

Unfortunately, I found this forum after installation. I was trying to get better quality(digital) on the standard analog channels for my Pioneer 5070HD. Those channels are better but I was expecting a little more. Time warner was switching to Comcast and neither offered standard channels in digital. Thanks for your reply,
Keith

Are you talking about digital cable and hd channels or do they still have some analog?
\

Just the digital and HD, really not talking about anything other than HD though. I wont complain or worry about any of the SD channels that I watch on my HD sets. The SD channels look better on my SD set, especially won't watch any of the SD channels on the projector. Waste of Bulb time.

Victim? The guy set up D* next to cable and comes to a forum to say oh no what do I do?

I think the definitive answer is cancel D* and keep cable. IMO the D* SD signal on an SD set is better. I used to have ghosting with cable and I do not with D*.

As for a victim of advertising thats like a Coke drinker having a Pepsi and sayin oh where did I go wrong I shoulda had a Coke. The answer is easy...toss out the Pepsi after the first sip and go get a Coke. Its no big drama.

Ofcouse he could use your solution of how to get a better SD signal by going out purchasing a plasma EDTV. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=528720&postcount=14:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts