‘DirecTV Plus’ DVR Hits Stores

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
DirecTV Inc. announced that its “DirecTV Plus” digital-video-recorder is on retail shelves for the holiday shopping season.

The direct-broadcast satellite provider said the DVR is available nationwide, including in more than 1,300 Best Buy Co. Inc. and Circuit City Stores Inc. locations.

DirecTV Plus can also be purchased via telephone (1-800-DIRECTV) and online ( www.directv.com ), the company said.

The DVR is available to new and existing subscribers at no cost after a $100 mail-in rebate.

“DirecTV has pioneered the television industry for more than 10 years, and now, with the launch of DirecTV Plus and network primetime programming available on-demand, it is poised to deliver the next generation in television viewing to consumers across the country," DirecTV president of sales and service John Suranyi said in a prepared statement.

“DirecTV Plus is the most sophisticated and robust DVR available today, and it is yet another exemplary product that showcases DirecTV's position as a leader in the market,” he added.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6288232.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

Not in the Best Buys down here. Was in one yesterday and they had the R10, but not the R15. Said they don't know when they will see them either.

I wasn't looking necessarily to buy, just killing time while the wife was out doing her thing. I will likely do it through Robert at Value Electronics, since it is the same price and free shipping.....so why wait for it to show up via the chains? No reason....go through Robert.

Last edited:
Got mine at Best Buy Friday night in Baton Rouge. They had about 10-15 units on the floor.

I went to a Circuit City and Best Buy today and both were worthless. You can't play with any receiver in the store. They just display the models and run a video on the screen telling how good DirecTV is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)