DirecTV Power Inserter for SL5PIG-P?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laurielmorris

Original poster
May 8, 2011
Union City, MI
I have a DirecTV SL5PIG-P satellite dish and a DirecTv HR24 receiver. Can someone please tell me which power inserter I need? I have a PI21R1-03 21V power inserter but it doesn't seem to be working since the receiver generates an error message when trying to connect. Thanks in advance for your help.

Unless you have an SWM LNB assembly mounted on your dish, you don't need a power inserter.

If you do have an SWM LNB assembly, make sure the power inserter is pointing the right direction.

Specifics about the error message are often most useful.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

The SL5PIG-P is a SWM lnb, so you do need the power inserter. Like Harshness said, we need more info on the error message.

The SL5PIG-P is a SWM lnb, so you do need the power inserter.
The label says this Eagle Aspen LNB assembly is NOT SWM.

P1030362.JPG

Right you all are, it's not a SWM lnb. I was looking at the wrong link. Sorry for the wrong info!

Thank you all for the input. I appreciate it very much.
The error code that I am getting is "771a - There is a problem communicating with the satellite dish".
I am trying to replace an H23 -600 receiver with the newer HR24 receiver. (I am only running one receiver on the system.) The H23 - 600 receiver works just fine (no power inserter or anything).
Liquidforce88 (or anyone) - can you explain what a BBC is? Sorry to be a dunce, but I don't know what that is. Also, where would I buy one?
Thanks in advance!

A BBC connector makes the HD channels come in (easiest way to put it)

The H23 its built in (I think the HR23 too)....the rest of the HD units its required. One per tuner

Ebay has them cheap. Or call Directv maybe they can send you some.

picture of one

well your dish doesn't need a power inserter. All you have to do is run two lines from your dish to your receiver, connect 2 bbc (one to each line or sat input). Peek that dish in and your good to go. That will be 55 btw price of a service call lol.

Hey.. been checking this thread because I have exactly the same set up...
I switched to the SLI5PIG-5 when I got a portable dish for my RV
I got a couple of BBC's from direct TV as suggested, I have my dish at the proper rough co-ordinates and I'm still getting 771A and that I need a BBC..
I am running only one cable and one BBC, as i understood that was all i needed (but i been talkin to direct TV, they dont seem to have a clue)
I have 18v comming from the reciever to the dish, tried hooking up different cables...
been a week messin with this.. any help??

:welcome to Satellliteguys!

If you want to use the dvr as intended, you need two cables from the lnb to the dvr. If you only connect one of them, then you have to change the settings in the menu to use just one tuner. 771A means your dvr is having issues communicating with the lnb, so you could have a bad cable or loose connection, or a bad lnb.

Hey guys, 771a is a SWM error code nothing else. He is receiving the code because it's not a SWM setup yet the receiver is set to SWM. 771a is saying the LNB isn't getting proper/if any voltage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)