Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got word on the price increase coming for DirecTV, below are the new prices.

Here is the new pricing:

Choice $52.99 (up $3.00)
Choice xtra $57.99 (up $3.00)
Plus DVR $62.99 (up $3.00)
Plus HD DVR $72.99 (up $3.00)
Premier 104.99 (up $5.00)
HBO $14 (up $1.00)

Customers who are in a promotion with DirecTV will not see these new prices on their bills until their promo price expires.

SatelliteGuys.US should have a PDF that was sent to retailers soon which lists all of the new pricing, I will post it as soon as I have it.

How much is Total Choice Plus going up????

When they do this stuff I like to drop something and make my bill even less than it was before. Goodbye protection plan. BTW How on earth is HBO more valuable???

How will this affect those of us with old obsolete packages that we are grandfathered into? Specifically Total Choice Plus.

Have'nt we had an increase every year for the last 4 years of $3 , or has it been 5 years , My question is when does it stop, will we all be paying $200 to watch Tv by 2020 .

Customers who are in a promotion with DirecTV will not see these new prices on their bills until their promo price expires.
Does this include those of us in the middle of a contract? My current 18 month contract started in June 2007 when I upgrade to the HR20 and Slimline. Will I be price protected until that contract expires?

Are they insane? $5 more for premier and it doesn't even include the DVR fee anymore like it did in the past.

All the changes from last to this year and you guys didn't expect a price change. HBO ? Maybe their prices went up? I guess I expect a small increase on items like this, what less than 3% on my bill, not really shocked here.

Does this include those of us in the middle of a contract? My current 18 month contract started in June 2007 when I upgrade to the HR20 and Slimline. Will I be price protected until that contract expires?

Contract is one thing promos another, I suspect that just about everyone is in a contract, I suspect that we are not getting around any increase.

Bummer, looks like I might have to downgrade myself, issue is, I am on a package that does not exist anymore, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna work this.

Have they reconciled the hidden mid-term price increase on Premier customers with DVR service yet?

Unless things are changing, all existing Premier subscribers at the time of that change continue to have DVR service grandfathered in.

However, from an outsiders perspective, Premier really went up $11 since the DVR service was dropped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts