DirecTV protection plan and "movers"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Is it possible to use the protection plan and be a "mover". I called directv earlier today they seemed to indicate it was always a random dealer same as without the plan. I then asked if I could directly call my preferred dealer with the plan they said if you did that the protection plan wouldn't apply.

Anyone know if there is another solution?

thanks

Not really other than to get the CSR to add "Tech Notes" requesting the person/company you would like to do the install.

Or

Place the order, ask for the work to go to the HSP the sub works for (they can guarantee that, but the HSP actually assigns techs/subs) and ask for the Activity Number. Call your preference and have them "grab" the job from queue.

Or

Keep rescheduling till you get who you want

I finally got in contact my dealer that helped me "move" because at the time I was unfamiliar with how that worked with D* at the time. Anyway he basically agreed with what customer service said no way to make sure only the dealer specified will be sent for a service call. For the "mover" the only advantage is that D* will send a replacement unit to the billing address.

They will let you know exclusively that The protection plan does not cover that. But if you contact the Movers Phone # they have offers for customer who are eligible for free movers.

If your talking about having an alternate service address to get different locals, and have a call on the protection plan, I would strongly assume they are going to the listed service address. I doubt re-routing the tech through the HSP would be simple or possible. Essentially you move back if you need service.

If your talking about having an alternate service address to get different locals, and have a call on the protection plan, I would strongly assume they are going to the listed service address. I doubt re-routing the tech through the HSP would be simple or possible. Essentially you move back if you need service.

Can you keeping moving back and forth with D* like dish network seems to allow?

Based on my personal experience, I'd say yes. I "moved" 3 times before and after I got service call to my misaligned dish. There was a never a problem with directv or questions why I was "moving" so much. I used to have east coast HD channels but then they started offering CW and MYnet HD for my area so I had to move back! :)

Can you keeping moving back and forth with D* like dish network seems to allow?

Based on my personal experience, I'd say yes. I "moved" 3 times before and after I got service call to my misaligned dish. There was a never a problem with directv or questions why I was "moving" so much. I used to have east coast HD channels but then they started offering CW and MYnet HD for my area so I had to move back! :)

Interesting to know. How long ago was this?

I moved because D* had more HD channels and the locals in HD in the next dma. It's really irritating that I had to move in the first place because if you have cable you automatically get the locals from both areas. Yet for satellite companies to do the same it's somehow not allowed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)