Directv Protection Plan is a joke.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have 3 receivers.all HD, and after experiencing major problems with the one in my living room,I contacted the tech who had installed my dish and he came to my house and after checking out the receiver,said it was dead and I needed a new one. Directv will not send a replacement unless I spend a half hour or better on the phone with a tech troubleshooting the problem. The receiver is DEAD,I can not get it to do anything.How do they expect me to troubleshoot a receiver that will not work ? At the very least, I will be cancelling the so-called "Protection Plan" and even though I am a die hard sports freak, I am seriously considering the dreaded switch to DISH. I know many on these forums use DISH and was wondering what problems I might encounter with that service.

If you are unhappy with D* and want to change that is your choice. But do you really think Dish would have treated you differently with the same problem ?

i have the protection plan and have had equipment problems. when i call them, i tell them i have done several soft reboots and hard reboots and i still have a problem. if they get insistent that i must be having the problem as i speak to them, i just lie. otherwise, its umteen phone calls and frustration.

i have never had a problem getting defective equipment replaced. if i don't like what the csr is telling me, i send directv an email (its called paper trail). the probem is quickly resolved.

i don't like playing csr roulette, i don't like talking in a threateneing manner to get something done. but after all these years, i've learned to be prepared everytime i call them.

dish won't be any different and depending on who your cable company is, you can probably expect the same.

i have the protection plan and have had equipment problems. when i call them, i tell them i have done several soft reboots and hard reboots and i still have a problem. if they get insistent that i must be having the problem as i speak to them, i just lie. otherwise, its umteen phone calls and frustration.

i have never had a problem getting defective equipment replaced. if i don't like what the csr is telling me, i send directv an email (its called paper trail). the probem is quickly resolved.

i don't like playing csr roulette, i don't like talking in a threateneing manner to get something done. but after all these years, i've learned to be prepared everytime i call them.

dish won't be any different and depending on who your cable company is, you can probably expect the same.

I've NEVER had to play csr roulette. I read all the time it's nearly impossible to get any satisfaction from a regular csr. I can say in 12 years I've never had that problem.

I'll say it again, I called yesterday with a dead HR-21, the FIRST csr I spoke with had a new one ordered in less than ten minutes and I was off the phone.

I will say that I did tell her I've done all the resets with no joy. I don't know if it made a difference but that's my latest experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SWM LNB showing a short, but still working

thinking of directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)